The 3rd match of the VIVO IPL 2018 between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders began with the latter winning the toss, and deciding to field first. The Royal Challengers Bangalore, batting first, lost opener Quinton De Kock early, leaving RCB reeling at 18-1, while at the other end, explosive opener Brendon McCullum started smashing in his inimitable style, supported by a patient Virat Kohli anchoring a partnership, before McCullum ended his knock at 43(27b, 6x4, 2x6).
After McCullum's departure, entered Ab De Villiers whose blitzkrieg sent the ball all over the park. and he smashed a whirlwind 44(23b, 1x4,5x6), before falling to Rana, who stunned by claiming skipper Kohli the very next delivery, leaving RCB reeling at 127/4. With the resurgent Mandeep Singh offering some lower order resistance, and impressing with his pinch hitting knock of 37(18b, 4x4,2x6), RCB reached a comfortable 176/7 off 20 overs, with Vinay Kumar and Rana claiming two wickets apiece. KKR began their innings on a disastrous note, as their opener Lynn departed earlier, while the other opener Sunil Narine had other ideas, as he launched an array of shots, stunning the opposition.
Completely dominating the innings, Narine's stunning action packed show ended, as he was bowled finally by Umesh Yadav, scoring a thunderous 50(19b, 4x4,5x6), leaving KKR at 68/2 in just 6 overs. After Rana (34) and Karthik tried to snatch away the match from the hands of RCB, Washington Sundar removed Rana, which happened to be a major breakthrough, Skipper Dinesh Karthik was left with the task of taking KKR to victory, when Andre Russell came in and scored few stunning shots over the boundary. But he departed sooner, and tailender Vinay Kumar finally scored the winning shot, as KKR finally won by 4 wickets, with 7 balls to spare.
#RCBvCSK - Dhoni proves once again he is the ONLY CAPTAIN COOL... Sorry Rohit...!!! The 24th match in Vivo IPL 2018, between Chennai Super Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore, began with the RCB batting first. While Skipper Kohli exited early, opener Quinton De Kock went on to score some classy shots, with the ever-dependable Ab De Villiers for the company. As they forged a partnership, the RCB was placed comfortably, gaining an early advantage over CSK.
- #MIvSRH - Sunrisers bowling unit destroys Mumbai Indians!
- #DDvKXIP - Kings XI Punjab Clinch Last Ball Thriller
- #RRvMI - Gowtham gifts a last over thrilling win for Rajasthan Royals
- #SRHvCSK - CSK tops the table again, despite Williamson heroics!
- #CSKvRR - Watson's clinical knock gets another win for CSK!
- #KXIPvSRH - Marauder Gayle rips apart Sunrisers Hyderabad
- #RRvKKR - Knight riders back to winning ways!
- #MIvRCB - Rohitman powers Mumbai to draw first blood!
- #KKRvDD - Kolkata wins as Narine and Kuldeep rip apart Delhi!
- #KXIPvCSK - Captain cool's knock in vain, as Punjab wins a tight thriller
- #RCBvRR - Rajasthan wins the clash of Royals!
- Royal challengers taste first victory!!
- Sunrisers hold nerves to win a thriller
- #CSKvKKR - Billings takes CSK to a thrilling second win
- Easy win for Sunrisers, as Rajasthan falters!