The 4th match of IPL 2018, between Rajasthan Royals lead by Ajinkya Rahane and the Kane Williamson lead Sunrisers Hyderabad, began with Rajasthan Royals batting first. Skipper Rahane as well as Short were dismissed for paltry scores, while Sanju Samson tried to lift the morale of the team, with a composed and temperamental 49(42), before being claimed by Shakib Al Hasan. And it was there that the Rajasthan Royals innings met its end, as the tail ultimately could never rescue the team from a disaster.
'The middle order and the lower order of Rajasthan Royals fell like a pack of cards, as 6 wickets tumbled with just 33 runs added to the total. As power hitters like Stokes and Jos Butler failed big time and Sunrisers bowlers putting up a dominant bowling display, the Rajasthan Royals innings was wrapped at 125/9 in 20 overs, with Shakib Al Hasan and Sidhharth Kaul claiming 2 wickets apiece. Entered Sunrisers Hyderabad, confident of chasing down the minimal target set by RR, but they lost wicketkeeper batsman Saha (5), giving early hopes for Rajasthan Royals.
But the other opener, the hard-hitting Shikhar Dhawan who was joined by skipper Kane Williamson had other ideas, as they settled down, and with Dhawan launching a barrage of shots it became almost impossible for Rajasthan Royals to get back into the game.As RR failed to capitalise on Saha's wicket and Dhawan and Williamson raced ahead, SRH won the match comfortably scoring 127/1, with 25 balls to spare, Dhawan finishing on 77(57 ,13x4,1x6) and Kane Williamson giving him that much needed support with a subtle knock of 36(35b, 3x4,1x6), giving SRH their first win of IPL 2018.
India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter The 4th match of the Asia Cup, between India and Hong Kong, held at Dubai, began with Hong Kong choosing to field after winning the toss. Skipper Rohit Sharma began tenaciously, before being dismissed by Ehsan Khan after scoring a shaky 23(22). On the other end, Shikhar Dhawan played a composed and patient knock, carefully picking the bad deliveries and scoring boundaries.
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2
- #ENGvIND - Despite Dropped catches and missed easy chances India takes honours on Day 1
- #ENGvsIND - India loses 3rd ODI Pathetically - Time for MS Dhoni to RETIRE?
- HAS HIMA DAS RECEIVED A DESERVED HONOUR?