The 5th match of IPL 2018, between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings, began with KKR batting first. While Chennai Super Kings began striking occasionally, removing settled players like Lynn (22) and Uthappa (29), Rana and Skipper Dinesh Karthik(26) in regular intervals, at one point, leaving KKR reeling at 89/5. And that was when entered a storm as it set the ground on fire.
It was none other than windies player Andre Russell, who came in and launched a merciless onslaught, as he thrashed bowlers all over the park, smashing thunderous, massive sixers on all zones, clearing the ropes with effortless ease, and while at one point it looked like anything around 150 was the only possibility, Russell's heroics and his blitzkrieg of an unbeaten 88(36b, 1x4, 11x6), propelled KKR to a massive 202/6 in 20 overs.
The Chennai Super Kings began their reply on a strong note, as openers Watson(43, 19b,3x4,3x6) and Rayudu (39), started smashing KKR before the first wicket fell with 75 runs on board. With the departure of Raina and Dhoni (25), who flattered to deceive, it was Billings, who instilled some confidence in the minds of CSK fans, as he turned out to be a surprise marauder, and went on a rampage, scoring a quickfire 56(23b, 2x4,5x6).
He departed in an unexpected manner, and that was when last match's hero Dwayne Bravo joined hands with Jadeja, and the duo scored a six each, and sealed the match in CSK's favor, winning by 5 wickets and a ball remaining, making it their second win in as many matches.
#ENGvsIND - India loses 3rd ODI Pathetically - Time for MS Dhoni to RETIRE? The 3rd ODI of India's tour of Ireland and England, held at Leeds between India and England, began with England winning the toss and electing to field. Indian innings began on a disastrous note, as they lost opener Rohit Sharma (2) as he struggled, but the other opener Shikhar Dhawan and skipper Virat Kohli forged a partnership, before Dhawan (44) was dismissed, run out by Stokes.
- HAS HIMA DAS RECEIVED A DESERVED HONOUR?
- #ENGvIND - Kuldeep and Rohitman tame the English!
- #ENGvIND - Rohitman smashes English bowlers as India clinches the Series
- Kuldeep Yadav becomes the first Chinnaman Bowler to take 5-Wickets in a T20I
- #IREvIND - Rohit, Dhawan destroy Ireland, as India have an easy win!
- Hales, Bairstow and Morgan rip apart Australian bowlers!
- MEDIA AND SPONSORS IGNORES INDIAN FOOTBALL
- Virat Kohli's mental fitness comes from Yoga
- A STAR KID TO MAKE HIS DEBUT
- Virat Kohli Wax Statue damaged at Delhi's Madame Tussauds
- IPL-11 FAME ELEVATES STARDOM IN AFGHANI CRICKETER
- IPL Success helped me to get a place in the Test team
- Dhoni doesn't like when Chahal calls him using 'This' Word - WATCH VIDEO
- Pakistan fails to capitalize after winning the toss
- #CSKvsSRH - Chennai Super Kings win VIVO IPL 2018 and restore their Glory once again!