The 5th match of IPL 2018, between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings, began with KKR batting first. While Chennai Super Kings began striking occasionally, removing settled players like Lynn (22) and Uthappa (29), Rana and Skipper Dinesh Karthik(26) in regular intervals, at one point, leaving KKR reeling at 89/5. And that was when entered a storm as it set the ground on fire.
It was none other than windies player Andre Russell, who came in and launched a merciless onslaught, as he thrashed bowlers all over the park, smashing thunderous, massive sixers on all zones, clearing the ropes with effortless ease, and while at one point it looked like anything around 150 was the only possibility, Russell's heroics and his blitzkrieg of an unbeaten 88(36b, 1x4, 11x6), propelled KKR to a massive 202/6 in 20 overs.
The Chennai Super Kings began their reply on a strong note, as openers Watson(43, 19b,3x4,3x6) and Rayudu (39), started smashing KKR before the first wicket fell with 75 runs on board. With the departure of Raina and Dhoni (25), who flattered to deceive, it was Billings, who instilled some confidence in the minds of CSK fans, as he turned out to be a surprise marauder, and went on a rampage, scoring a quickfire 56(23b, 2x4,5x6).
He departed in an unexpected manner, and that was when last match's hero Dwayne Bravo joined hands with Jadeja, and the duo scored a six each, and sealed the match in CSK's favor, winning by 5 wickets and a ball remaining, making it their second win in as many matches.
India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter The 4th match of the Asia Cup, between India and Hong Kong, held at Dubai, began with Hong Kong choosing to field after winning the toss. Skipper Rohit Sharma began tenaciously, before being dismissed by Ehsan Khan after scoring a shaky 23(22). On the other end, Shikhar Dhawan played a composed and patient knock, carefully picking the bad deliveries and scoring boundaries.
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2
- #ENGvIND - Despite Dropped catches and missed easy chances India takes honours on Day 1
- #ENGvsIND - India loses 3rd ODI Pathetically - Time for MS Dhoni to RETIRE?
- HAS HIMA DAS RECEIVED A DESERVED HONOUR?