The 5th match of IPL 2018, between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings, began with KKR batting first. While Chennai Super Kings began striking occasionally, removing settled players like Lynn (22) and Uthappa (29), Rana and Skipper Dinesh Karthik(26) in regular intervals, at one point, leaving KKR reeling at 89/5. And that was when entered a storm as it set the ground on fire.
It was none other than windies player Andre Russell, who came in and launched a merciless onslaught, as he thrashed bowlers all over the park, smashing thunderous, massive sixers on all zones, clearing the ropes with effortless ease, and while at one point it looked like anything around 150 was the only possibility, Russell's heroics and his blitzkrieg of an unbeaten 88(36b, 1x4, 11x6), propelled KKR to a massive 202/6 in 20 overs.
The Chennai Super Kings began their reply on a strong note, as openers Watson(43, 19b,3x4,3x6) and Rayudu (39), started smashing KKR before the first wicket fell with 75 runs on board. With the departure of Raina and Dhoni (25), who flattered to deceive, it was Billings, who instilled some confidence in the minds of CSK fans, as he turned out to be a surprise marauder, and went on a rampage, scoring a quickfire 56(23b, 2x4,5x6).
He departed in an unexpected manner, and that was when last match's hero Dwayne Bravo joined hands with Jadeja, and the duo scored a six each, and sealed the match in CSK's favor, winning by 5 wickets and a ball remaining, making it their second win in as many matches.
#AUSvIND - In the History of Cricket, this is the First time India has won the First Test against Australia in Australia The final day of the first test of India's tour of Australia began with Australia resuming on 104/4, with Shaun Marsh and Head on the crease, and Ishant Sharma quickly removed Head (14), with Aussies on 115/5. Tim Paine joined hands with Marsh and they forged a partnership for a while.
- #AUSvIND - India need 6 Wickets and Australia need 219 runs to win the Adelaide Test
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #AUSvIND - India keep their noses ahead at the end of Day 3
- 1003 Cricketers signed up for IPL Auction 2019
- #AUSvIND - The Battle for Lead begins as Travis Head sheperds Australia
- #AUSvIND - Pujara's Century saves India from Embarrassment on Day 1
- Kohli bowls on nets!
- #AUSvsIND - Kohli heroics in chasing helps India to level T20 Series
- A match that ended within 4 overs!
- #AUSvIND - Kohli's Worst Captaincy results in India's Loss in First T20I against Aussies
- Rohit reveals the challenge!
- #INDvWI - India clinches victory in Last Ball Thriller in the final T20I
- Rohit Sharma Blitzkrieg takes India to massive victory against West Indies in Second T20I
- #INDvWIN - Kohli-less India tastes First T20I victory against Windies
- #INDvWI - India win the 5th and final ODI even before the Sun Sets at Kerala