The 11th match of Vivo IPL 2018, between Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore, began with the Rajasthan Royals batting first. As opener short fell early, Rahane on the other end started scoring with patience, while the middle order batsman Sanju Samson began a thundering attack on the Royal Challengers Bangalore bowlers.
Though Rahane departed on 36, Sanju Samson launched a massive attack and went on to unleash a powerful onslaught of sixers and fours, hitting the RCB bowlers across the park. With Stokes (27) and Butler (23) coming up with cameos, Sanju Samson remained unbeaten on a stunning 92(45b, 2x4,10x6), propelling Rajasthan Royals to a massive 217/4 off 20 overs.
In came the RCB batsmen and they faced an early setback with power player McCullum departing early, but captain Virat Kohli instilled confidence in the chase, and went on to score in a brisk pace, but departed unexpectedly before completing the chase, scoring 57(30b, 7x4,2x6). With Shreyas Gopal taking the prized scalps of Kohli and Ab De Villiers,it ended RCB's hopes of a victory, as Mandeep Singh desperately tried to salvage some pride, to reduce the margin of defeat, as he scored a calm 47, as RCB ultimately lost the match by 19 runs, as Sanju Samson was awarded player of the match for his stunning 92.
MS Dhoni returns back to captaincy and India ties against Afghanistan team itself - Time to Retire ?? MS Dhoni got back his captaincy after 696 days and this was his 200th ODI as a Captain. India already qualified for the Asia Cup Finals and with an associated team like Afghanistan, the team rested all the players and those who were in bench were given a chance.
- #PAKvIND - India Seal their Biggest Win Over Pakistan
- #INDvBAN - Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja makes it merry for India
- #INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high