The first ODI of India's tour of England and Ireland, between India and England, began with India winning the toss and opting to field first. The English innings began on a steady note, with openers Jason Roy and Joe Root scoring runs with ease, before Kuldeep Yadav ended the partnership, removing Roy(38), Bairstow (3) and Root(38) in quick succession, leaving England reeling at 82/3, while they were at 73/0 at a point of time.
Captain Morgan was removed by Chahal early, while Ben Stokes and Jos Butler decided to settle, and forged a stand, with patient knocks of 50(103)and 53(51), and then came Kuldeep who struck twice, removing them. Moeen Ali(24) and Rashid's(22) cameos were adequate to take England to a respectable 268, while wrecker in chief Kuldeep Yadav ended with impressive figures of 6/25, becoming the first left-arm wrist spinner in cricket history to claim 6 wickets in an ODI.
The Indian innings began on a strong note, with openers Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan bludgeoning English bowling attack, and England had a brief comeback claiming Dhawan (40). However, Rohitman was in no mood to rest or spare the English bowlers, as he smashed the balls all over the park, in the company of skipper Virat Kohli, who scored a composed 75(82).
Despite the fall of two crucial wickets breaking vital partnerships, the aggressive and settled Rohit Sharma scored a blitzkrieg ton 138(114b,15x4,4x6)* and took India to a controlled and dominating win over England. India comfortably chased down the target, scoring 269/2, and winning the match by 8 wickets and with 59 balls to spare.
#ENGvsIND - India loses 3rd ODI Pathetically - Time for MS Dhoni to RETIRE? The 3rd ODI of India's tour of Ireland and England, held at Leeds between India and England, began with England winning the toss and electing to field. Indian innings began on a disastrous note, as they lost opener Rohit Sharma (2) as he struggled, but the other opener Shikhar Dhawan and skipper Virat Kohli forged a partnership, before Dhawan (44) was dismissed, run out by Stokes.
- HAS HIMA DAS RECEIVED A DESERVED HONOUR?
- #ENGvIND - Kuldeep and Rohitman tame the English!
- #ENGvIND - Rohitman smashes English bowlers as India clinches the Series
- Kuldeep Yadav becomes the first Chinnaman Bowler to take 5-Wickets in a T20I
- #IREvIND - Rohit, Dhawan destroy Ireland, as India have an easy win!
- Hales, Bairstow and Morgan rip apart Australian bowlers!
- MEDIA AND SPONSORS IGNORES INDIAN FOOTBALL
- Virat Kohli's mental fitness comes from Yoga
- A STAR KID TO MAKE HIS DEBUT
- Virat Kohli Wax Statue damaged at Delhi's Madame Tussauds
- IPL-11 FAME ELEVATES STARDOM IN AFGHANI CRICKETER
- IPL Success helped me to get a place in the Test team
- Dhoni doesn't like when Chahal calls him using 'This' Word - WATCH VIDEO
- Pakistan fails to capitalize after winning the toss
- #CSKvsSRH - Chennai Super Kings win VIVO IPL 2018 and restore their Glory once again!