The first ODI of India's tour of England and Ireland, between India and England, began with India winning the toss and opting to field first. The English innings began on a steady note, with openers Jason Roy and Joe Root scoring runs with ease, before Kuldeep Yadav ended the partnership, removing Roy(38), Bairstow (3) and Root(38) in quick succession, leaving England reeling at 82/3, while they were at 73/0 at a point of time.
Captain Morgan was removed by Chahal early, while Ben Stokes and Jos Butler decided to settle, and forged a stand, with patient knocks of 50(103)and 53(51), and then came Kuldeep who struck twice, removing them. Moeen Ali(24) and Rashid's(22) cameos were adequate to take England to a respectable 268, while wrecker in chief Kuldeep Yadav ended with impressive figures of 6/25, becoming the first left-arm wrist spinner in cricket history to claim 6 wickets in an ODI.
The Indian innings began on a strong note, with openers Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan bludgeoning English bowling attack, and England had a brief comeback claiming Dhawan (40). However, Rohitman was in no mood to rest or spare the English bowlers, as he smashed the balls all over the park, in the company of skipper Virat Kohli, who scored a composed 75(82).
Despite the fall of two crucial wickets breaking vital partnerships, the aggressive and settled Rohit Sharma scored a blitzkrieg ton 138(114b,15x4,4x6)* and took India to a controlled and dominating win over England. India comfortably chased down the target, scoring 269/2, and winning the match by 8 wickets and with 59 balls to spare.
#AUSvIND - Dhoni hits third consecutive half century and guides India to clinch ODI series The final ODI of India's tour of Australia began with Aussies batting first. The Aussies had a disastrous start as Bhuvaneshwar Kumar removed openers Carey(5) and Finch(14) early. Usman Khawaja and Marsh stood for a while before Chahal struck twice to dismiss them both for 34(51) and 39(54) respectively. Handscomb yet again rescued Aussies with his 58(63), but Chahal again ended his knock.
- Dhoni's unexpected anger on field!
- Kohli Dhoni help India to level ODI series
- Which players will replace Hardik & Rahul?
- Dhoni does it for special fan!
- Australia win by 34 runs against India - Time for Kohli to step down and Rohit Sharma to get captaincy!
- Hardik Pandya's Koffee with Karan episode deleted by Hotstar
- Rohit Sharma jokes on Rishab!
- Pandya seeks apology, given notice!
- Indian players rise up ICC rankings!
- Hardik Pandya faces online attack!
- KL Rahul's noticed for sportsmanship!
- #TeamIndia makes History and retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy with a historic 2-1 series win!
- India likely to win Test series 3-1
- #AUSvIND - Rain stands between India and a Victory after Day 3
- Rishabh Pant, the baby sitter turned centurion!