The first ODI of India's tour of England and Ireland, between India and England, began with India winning the toss and opting to field first. The English innings began on a steady note, with openers Jason Roy and Joe Root scoring runs with ease, before Kuldeep Yadav ended the partnership, removing Roy(38), Bairstow (3) and Root(38) in quick succession, leaving England reeling at 82/3, while they were at 73/0 at a point of time.
Captain Morgan was removed by Chahal early, while Ben Stokes and Jos Butler decided to settle, and forged a stand, with patient knocks of 50(103)and 53(51), and then came Kuldeep who struck twice, removing them. Moeen Ali(24) and Rashid's(22) cameos were adequate to take England to a respectable 268, while wrecker in chief Kuldeep Yadav ended with impressive figures of 6/25, becoming the first left-arm wrist spinner in cricket history to claim 6 wickets in an ODI.
The Indian innings began on a strong note, with openers Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan bludgeoning English bowling attack, and England had a brief comeback claiming Dhawan (40). However, Rohitman was in no mood to rest or spare the English bowlers, as he smashed the balls all over the park, in the company of skipper Virat Kohli, who scored a composed 75(82).
Despite the fall of two crucial wickets breaking vital partnerships, the aggressive and settled Rohit Sharma scored a blitzkrieg ton 138(114b,15x4,4x6)* and took India to a controlled and dominating win over England. India comfortably chased down the target, scoring 269/2, and winning the match by 8 wickets and with 59 balls to spare.
#INDvBAN - Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja makes it merry for India The 1st super four matches of the Asia Cup between India and Bangladesh began with India winning the toss and deciding to field first. Bangladesh began on a disastrous note with both the openers dismissed cheaply by Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Bumrah.
- #INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2
- #ENGvIND - Despite Dropped catches and missed easy chances India takes honours on Day 1