The first test match of India's tour of England, held at Birmingham, began with England winning the toss and opting to bat first. The Indian bowlers made early inroads, as spinner Ravichandran Ashwin scalped the prized wicket of opener Alistair cook for 13(28).
However, Jennings and skipper Joe Root stood firm, forging a partnership, and scored patient knocks, before Mohammad Shami claimed Jennings for 42(98). Shami then claimed Malan in quick succession, leaving England reeling at 112/3 before Bairstow joined skipper Root.
As Bairstow was pacing his Innings steadily, picking the bad deliveries, building a partnership with Root, the latter was run out by Kohli's efforts, after scoring a composed and responsible 80(156). Eventually, Bairstow was dismissed in quick time by Umesh Yadav, after scoring a rapid 70(88).
While Ashwin struck thrice to dismiss the slowly settled Ben Stokes 21(41), Jos Butler and Stuart Broad, tailender Sam Curran stood firm on one end, scoring 24(67)*, as England ended Day 1 scoring 285/9 off 88 overs. Ravichandran Ashwin was the pick of the Indian bowlers as he ended with impressive figures of 4/60.
Dinesh Karthik reveals reason for loss! India had lost the last T20 international against New Zealand and ultimately lost the series as well 2-1, and lost the match by 4 runs. In the last over the match, there was an opportunity for a single to run in the third ball, but Dinesh Karthik refused to run and provide the strike to Krunal Pandya, and Krunal stayed at the non striker's end.
- Cricketer arrested for attacking another cricketer!
- Suresh Raina files complaint!
- Impressive fine by Ranji coach!
- India loses T20 series as New Zealand wins by 4 runs - Time for MSD to retire
- #NZvIND - India wins second T20 at Eden Park and register their first victory against Blackcaps in New Zealand
- Smriti makes history but India loses!
- Dhoni's talk behind the stumps goes viral
- #NZvIND - Clueless India faces SHAMEFUL and BIGGEST DEFEAT EVER in T20 HISTORY
- Never leave your Crease with MS Dhoni behind the stumps
- 2023 World Cup will be in India!
- #INDvNZ - INDIA FACES SHAMEFUL DEFEAT in DEAD RUBBER
- Ambati Rayudu banned from bowling by ICC!
- #NZvIND - India seal Historic Series Victory in Newzealand with an unassailable 3-0 series lead!
- #NZvIND - India wins Second ODI and is just one step closer to Historic ODI Series Victory
- Dhoni's tactics help bowlers!