As England had ended day 2 at 9/1 leading by 22 runs, in the first test between India and England, the third day of the test began with Ashwin removing Jennings (8) and skipper Joe Root (14), while Ishant Sharma removed Malan (20), and the settled Bairstow (28) as England was reeling at 5./85.
Yet again Ishant Sharma removed Stokes and Jos Butler, however, Sam Curran stood between India wrapping the England innings quick, as he scored a composed knock of 63(65b, 9x4,2x6), taking England to 180, leading by 193 runs. Ishant Sharma ended with impressive figures of 5/51, while Ashwin had scalped 3/59.
With 194 needed to win the match, India began their second innings on a disastrous note, as Broad removed openers Murali Vijay (6) and Shikhar Dhawan (13) in quick succession, and Stokes removed KL Rahul(13), leaving India in deep trouble at 46/3. However, skipper Virat Kohli yet again
lead from the front, anchoring his innings, and scoring runs at a steady pace.
Despite losing Ashwin (13) and Rahane (2), Kohli partnered with Dinesh Karthik, to forge a stand, as the Day 3 ended with Kohli unbeaten on 43(76)* and Karthik on 18(44)*, with India on 110/5, needing 84 runs to win and 5 wickets remaining.
MS Dhoni returns back to captaincy and India ties against Afghanistan team itself - Time to Retire ?? MS Dhoni got back his captaincy after 696 days and this was his 200th ODI as a Captain. India already qualified for the Asia Cup Finals and with an associated team like Afghanistan, the team rested all the players and those who were in bench were given a chance.
- #PAKvIND - India Seal their Biggest Win Over Pakistan
- #INDvBAN - Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja makes it merry for India
- #INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high