As England had ended day 2 at 9/1 leading by 22 runs, in the first test between India and England, the third day of the test began with Ashwin removing Jennings (8) and skipper Joe Root (14), while Ishant Sharma removed Malan (20), and the settled Bairstow (28) as England was reeling at 5./85.
Yet again Ishant Sharma removed Stokes and Jos Butler, however, Sam Curran stood between India wrapping the England innings quick, as he scored a composed knock of 63(65b, 9x4,2x6), taking England to 180, leading by 193 runs. Ishant Sharma ended with impressive figures of 5/51, while Ashwin had scalped 3/59.
With 194 needed to win the match, India began their second innings on a disastrous note, as Broad removed openers Murali Vijay (6) and Shikhar Dhawan (13) in quick succession, and Stokes removed KL Rahul(13), leaving India in deep trouble at 46/3. However, skipper Virat Kohli yet again
lead from the front, anchoring his innings, and scoring runs at a steady pace.
Despite losing Ashwin (13) and Rahane (2), Kohli partnered with Dinesh Karthik, to forge a stand, as the Day 3 ended with Kohli unbeaten on 43(76)* and Karthik on 18(44)*, with India on 110/5, needing 84 runs to win and 5 wickets remaining.
Pakistan cricketer Wasim Akram appreciated BCCI for investing in India's first class cricket Reportedly former Pakistan all rounder Shahid Afridi was full of praise for Team India after their thumping win over Pakistan in the World Cup fixture at the Old Trafford. Meanwhile it was a clinical performance from India in all the three departments as they defeated Pakistan by 89 runs (DLS method) on Sunday.
- ICC Cricket World Cup surprises as Bangladesh chases a Mammoth score against West Indies
- Since 1992, Yet another World Cup, Yet another Win for India - Pakistan crumbles to another Shameful World Cup defeat
- Indian team powerful than Pakistan team: Kapil Dev
- Why Indian team with Coach given 45 Days extension after World Cup?
- Rishab Pant is yet to be named as replacement for Dhawan
- Aussies screw Pakistanis once again in ICC Cricket World Cup
- Shikar Dhawan To Be Back by 30th of this Month?
- SHOCKING: Shikhar Dhawan Ruled out of World Cup
- BREAKING: Dhawan ruled out of ICC World Cup - Rishabh Pant likely to replace?
- Yuvraj Singh announced retirement from International Cricket
- Yuvraj Singh Announces Retirement
- Dhoni denied permission for Insignia on gloves!
- India wins against Australia in ICC Cricket World Cup Match at The Oval
- Pakistan Minister lashes out MS Dhoni for wearing "Balidaan Badge" on the Gloves
- ICC asked BCCI to restrain Dhoni from wearing gloves with insignia