The second day of the third test between India and England, resumed with India at 307/6, and Rishab Pant, who was unbeaten, was soon scalped for 24(51), and the tail followed suit as well in a quick fashion, as India were bundled out for 329, with Woakes and Anderson claiming 3 wickets apiece. The England batsmen began their first innings on a patient note, before Bumrah and Ishant Sharma struck to remove the openers Jennings 20(32) and Cook 29(42).
Skipper Joe Root was dismissed cheaply by Pandya for 16(29). while Pope. Bairstow and Ben Stokes were dismissed in quick succession as well. The only point of resistance in the English batting lineup was from Jos Butler, who scored a quickfire 39(32) before Bumrah scalped his wicket doing the damage control. Pandya struck thrice to wrap the tail, as England finished their first Innings at 161, with India having a comfortable lead of 168 runs.
Pandya had impressive figures of 5/28, and India began their second innings, on a steady note, as openers Shikhar Dhawan and KL Rahul were yet again involved in a 50 run opening stand, as they picked the right deliveries and scored boundaries in regular intervals, before Rashid claimed Dhawan 44(63), and stokes removed Rahul 36(33). Cheteshwar Pujara 33(67)* and Skipper Kohli are on crease looking to settle and extend the lead further, as India ended its day 2 at 124/2 and an overall lead of 292 runs, with 8 wickets still remaining.
Dinesh Karthik reveals reason for loss! India had lost the last T20 international against New Zealand and ultimately lost the series as well 2-1, and lost the match by 4 runs. In the last over the match, there was an opportunity for a single to run in the third ball, but Dinesh Karthik refused to run and provide the strike to Krunal Pandya, and Krunal stayed at the non striker's end.
- Cricketer arrested for attacking another cricketer!
- Suresh Raina files complaint!
- Impressive fine by Ranji coach!
- India loses T20 series as New Zealand wins by 4 runs - Time for MSD to retire
- #NZvIND - India wins second T20 at Eden Park and register their first victory against Blackcaps in New Zealand
- Smriti makes history but India loses!
- Dhoni's talk behind the stumps goes viral
- #NZvIND - Clueless India faces SHAMEFUL and BIGGEST DEFEAT EVER in T20 HISTORY
- Never leave your Crease with MS Dhoni behind the stumps
- 2023 World Cup will be in India!
- #INDvNZ - INDIA FACES SHAMEFUL DEFEAT in DEAD RUBBER
- Ambati Rayudu banned from bowling by ICC!
- #NZvIND - India seal Historic Series Victory in Newzealand with an unassailable 3-0 series lead!
- #NZvIND - India wins Second ODI and is just one step closer to Historic ODI Series Victory
- Dhoni's tactics help bowlers!