The 3rd day of the third test of India's tour England had ended with England starting their second innings, and the openers remaining unbeaten with England on 23/0 at stumps. However, as play began on day 4, Ishant Sharma Struck twice, removing the openers Cook for 17(39), and Jennings for 13(31), as England were reeling at 32/2. Skipper Joe Root 13(40) and Pope 16(39) followed suit, as they were dismissed by Bumrah and Shami respectively.
However, England was resurrected by an all-important stand between Ben Stokes and Jos Butler, who played entertaining cricket with some powerful shots, as they kept the Indian bowlers at bay for quite some time, as they frustrated the Indian bowlers with their shots, before Hardik Pandya struck to remove Ben Stokes for 62(187).
However, Jos Butler settled, and went on to score a much-deserved ton, and ultimately lost his wicket to Bumrah, as he departed for 106(176). Bumrah made a quick work of the tail, as he removed Bairstow, Woakes and Stuart Broad in quick succession, as the last batsman Rashid 30(55)* has been stranded with just Anderson left for company, and India is 1 wicket away from a victory, and England ended the day 4 at 311/9 at stumps, requiring 210 runs to win with 1 wicket left. Jasprit Bumrah was the pick of the bowlers, with his impressive figures of 5/85.
#PAKvIND - India Seal their Biggest Win Over Pakistan The third match of the Super four stage of Asia Cup, between India and Pakistan, began with Pakistan winning the toss and deciding to bat first. Opener Imam ul Haq and Babar Azam fell in quick succession as Pakistan was reeling at 2/55, but Fakhar Zaman 31(44) and skipper Sarfaraz Ahmad 44(66) tried to steady the team, before being dismissed by Kuldeep Yadav eventually.
- #INDvBAN - Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja makes it merry for India
- #INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2