As England had ended day 4 of the third test between India and England held at Nottingham, at 311/9, with 210 runs needed for victory and 1 wicket left, they began the 5th day, with Rashid and Anderson on the crease. Rashid tried to delay the inevitable but the match was already in India's bag.
Soon, Anderson was dismissed for 11(24) by spinner Ravichandran Ashwin, as Rashid was stranded unbeaten on 33(64)*, as England ended their second innings at 317, and India won the third test of India's tour of England comfortably by 203 runs, and Jasprit Bumrah was the pick of Indian bowlers with his 5/85.
Indian skipper Virat Kohli was deservingly adjudged man of the match for his valuable 97(152b,11x4) in the first innings, and a match-winning ton in the second innings and his second of the series, 103(197b,10x4). Kohli also dedicated this win to Kerala Flood Victims. India's victory in the third test keeps that 5 test series alive as England are still leading India 2-1, with two more tests to go. The third test brought back Cheteshwar Pujara to form, scoring a composed 72(208) in the second innings, besides the other takeaways being Hardik Pandya and Bumrah's stunning fifers.
#INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively The mother of all clashes, the 5th match of the Asia Cup between India and Pakistan began with Pakistan winning the toss and deciding to bat first, and the Pakistan batting began on a disastrous note as Bhuvaneshwar Kumar rattled the top order, as he dismissed Imam U haw and Fakhar Zaman in quick time, and Pakistan were 3/2 at a stage.
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2
- #ENGvIND - Despite Dropped catches and missed easy chances India takes honours on Day 1
- #ENGvsIND - India loses 3rd ODI Pathetically - Time for MS Dhoni to RETIRE?