As England had ended day 4 of the third test between India and England held at Nottingham, at 311/9, with 210 runs needed for victory and 1 wicket left, they began the 5th day, with Rashid and Anderson on the crease. Rashid tried to delay the inevitable but the match was already in India's bag.
Soon, Anderson was dismissed for 11(24) by spinner Ravichandran Ashwin, as Rashid was stranded unbeaten on 33(64)*, as England ended their second innings at 317, and India won the third test of India's tour of England comfortably by 203 runs, and Jasprit Bumrah was the pick of Indian bowlers with his 5/85.
Indian skipper Virat Kohli was deservingly adjudged man of the match for his valuable 97(152b,11x4) in the first innings, and a match-winning ton in the second innings and his second of the series, 103(197b,10x4). Kohli also dedicated this win to Kerala Flood Victims. India's victory in the third test keeps that 5 test series alive as England are still leading India 2-1, with two more tests to go. The third test brought back Cheteshwar Pujara to form, scoring a composed 72(208) in the second innings, besides the other takeaways being Hardik Pandya and Bumrah's stunning fifers.
#AUSvIND - Dhoni hits third consecutive half century and guides India to clinch ODI series The final ODI of India's tour of Australia began with Aussies batting first. The Aussies had a disastrous start as Bhuvaneshwar Kumar removed openers Carey(5) and Finch(14) early. Usman Khawaja and Marsh stood for a while before Chahal struck twice to dismiss them both for 34(51) and 39(54) respectively. Handscomb yet again rescued Aussies with his 58(63), but Chahal again ended his knock.
- Dhoni's unexpected anger on field!
- Kohli Dhoni help India to level ODI series
- Which players will replace Hardik & Rahul?
- Dhoni does it for special fan!
- Australia win by 34 runs against India - Time for Kohli to step down and Rohit Sharma to get captaincy!
- Hardik Pandya's Koffee with Karan episode deleted by Hotstar
- Rohit Sharma jokes on Rishab!
- Pandya seeks apology, given notice!
- Indian players rise up ICC rankings!
- Hardik Pandya faces online attack!
- KL Rahul's noticed for sportsmanship!
- #TeamIndia makes History and retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy with a historic 2-1 series win!
- India likely to win Test series 3-1
- #AUSvIND - Rain stands between India and a Victory after Day 3
- Rishabh Pant, the baby sitter turned centurion!