Gomathi Marimuthu who had last month won the 800 meters gold at Asian Athletics Championships held at Doha had been issued a provisional suspension as she has tested positive for using of a banned substance. Gomathi Marimuthu had timed an impressive 2 minutes and 2.70 seconds and won the gold.
It was found that her A sample returned positive for steroid from a test conducted during the Asian Athletics Championships. It must be noted that she had already tested positive while participating in Federation cup which the National Anti Doping Agency ignored to communicate but now the Athletics Federation of india has got to know this information.
On the other hand
however Gomathi Marimuthu says she's never used performance enhancing drugs or
steroids and had asked for testing of B sample. If B sample also tests
positive, she'll be handed over a four years ban for first time malpractice and
india will be losing the gold medal she had won in the Asian Championships
where india had won a total of three golds.
Sachin Tendulkar mocks Pakistan Captain Sarfaraz! The most-anticipated World Cup clash between India and Pakistan ended in favor of India as India easily won the match by 89 runs margin. Sachin Tendulkar who spoke to the press people said, "Pakistan lost the match due to Sarfaraz. Right from the toss he never made a proper decision. Ex-Captain and PM Imran Khan asked Sarfaraz to bat if he wins the toss, but he opted to bowl.
- Pakistan cricketer Wasim Akram appreciated BCCI for investing in India's first class cricket
- ICC Cricket World Cup surprises as Bangladesh chases a Mammoth score against West Indies
- Since 1992, Yet another World Cup, Yet another Win for India - Pakistan crumbles to another Shameful World Cup defeat
- Indian team powerful than Pakistan team: Kapil Dev
- Why Indian team with Coach given 45 Days extension after World Cup?
- Rishab Pant is yet to be named as replacement for Dhawan
- Aussies screw Pakistanis once again in ICC Cricket World Cup
- Shikar Dhawan To Be Back by 30th of this Month?
- SHOCKING: Shikhar Dhawan Ruled out of World Cup
- BREAKING: Dhawan ruled out of ICC World Cup - Rishabh Pant likely to replace?
- Yuvraj Singh announced retirement from International Cricket
- Yuvraj Singh Announces Retirement
- Dhoni denied permission for Insignia on gloves!
- India wins against Australia in ICC Cricket World Cup Match at The Oval
- Pakistan Minister lashes out MS Dhoni for wearing "Balidaan Badge" on the Gloves