Reportedly india’s World Cup semi-final match against new zealand at Old Trafford stadium is likely to be interrupted by rain, with light showers forecast in Manchester. According to the British MET department, there are chances of “cloudier skies and some showery rain developing at times” on Tuesday.
Meanwhile the morning in Manchester has been cloudy, but there has been no rain so far. According to the forecast, the chances of rain will increase from 8am local time, followed by patches of rain through most of the day. During the afternoon, there is a chance that the rain will ease of for a time, but will likely intensify again later, the British Met department said. Light spells of shower are expected to begin from 12 pm BST (5:30 pm IST) while a burst of heavy rain is predicted for 3 pm BST (7:30 pm IST).
BBC Weather reported there is over a 40 per cent chance of rain at 8am-9am local time, and this will reduce and stay consistent around 25-30 per cent through much of the rest of the day. Previously the weatherman had warned of a 50 per cent chance of rain at 10am local time on Tuesday, increasing chances that the start of the match may be delayed from the scheduled 10.30am local time. The skies are only expected to clear after 1pm local time.
However, unlike the group stage, when the match was abandoned, the International cricket Council has kept a reserve day for the knockout matches. So if the match cannot be completed on Tuesday, the two teams will pick up from where they left it on Wednesday.
Why Mohammad Shami's Visa gets rejected? According to sources Senior Indian speedster Mohammed Shami’s US visa got rejected due to his existing police record on charges of domestic violence and adultery before the BCCI stepped in to his rescue. Meanwhile the Bengal speedster finally got the clearance after BCCI CEO Rahul Johri wrote a letter to the US Embassy, stating his achievements for the country and furnishing the full police report about his marital
- Paytm retained sponsorship rights for BCCI's International & domestic matches
- Sreesanth eligible for selection in Indian cricket team from September 2020
- Kapil Dev announced Ravi Shastri as Head Coach of India cricket until T20
- Cricket most loved sport in India, cricketers also get their fair share of remuneration
- Indian batsman Rohit Sharma speaks few things openly now
- Who will be Team India's New Coach? Interview begins
- BREAKING: Former Indian opener VB Chandrasekhar passes away!
- Commonwealth Games to have Women's T20 by 2022
- Virat Kohli set to become highest run-scorer vs West Indies in ODI cricket
- Russian Referee deadliest stares of all time
- Sakshi's surprise to MS Dhoni after he returns home after August 15
- Shubman Gill became youngest Indian cricketer to score double hundred in first class cricket
- Has Rohit Sharma ended speculation on rift with Virat Kohli?
- Krunal Pandya's all round performance gifts India a win
- Anushka accompanied Virat to Miami for WI Series