The final match of the ICC World Cup 2019 began with new zealand winning the toss and opting to bat against england. Chris Woakes removed opener Guptill(19) early while Nicholls (55) and Williamson (30) steadied with an important partnership before the latter departed.
Taylor declared quick as well, and Latham instilled some pride with his 47, that took new zealand to 241/8. Plunkett had 3/42 while woakes had 3/37. england batting began on a disastrous note losing Jason Roy and Joe root while Bairstow scored 36.
As Morgan departed quick, Ben Stokes and Jos Butler forged an all-important partnership and scored vital half-centuries as Butler scored 59 and departed while Stokes waged a lone battle, and ended at 84 and took england to 241 and went to super over. england scored 15 in Super over and new zealand failed to chase, and ultimately england won the world cup for the first time in history.
Cricket most loved sport in India, cricketers also get their fair share of remuneration New Delhi sources stated that the high level Committee of Administrators set up by Supreme Court of India has announced the contract and salaries of the cricketers from March 2019. Meanwhile the players are divided into various grades: A+, A, B and C and here is what each grade players get:
- Kapil Dev announced Ravi Shastri as Head Coach of India cricket until T20
- Indian batsman Rohit Sharma speaks few things openly now
- Who will be Team India's New Coach? Interview begins
- BREAKING: Former Indian opener VB Chandrasekhar passes away!
- Commonwealth Games to have Women's T20 by 2022
- Virat Kohli set to become highest run-scorer vs West Indies in ODI cricket
- Russian Referee deadliest stares of all time
- Sakshi's surprise to MS Dhoni after he returns home after August 15
- Shubman Gill became youngest Indian cricketer to score double hundred in first class cricket
- Has Rohit Sharma ended speculation on rift with Virat Kohli?
- Krunal Pandya's all round performance gifts India a win
- Anushka accompanied Virat to Miami for WI Series
- Who is Going to Be The Coach of Team India?
- Prithvi Shaw Banned for Eight Months for Doping Violation
- Virat Kohli wants Ravi Shastri continue as head coach of Indian cricket team