Promising Indian Batsman prithvi Shaw has been suspended for eight months by the BCCI for a doping violation. Shaw, who made his Test debut in November 2018, is banned till November 15, 2019. However, he can resume training from September 15, the Board of Control for cricket in india (BCCI) said.
BCCI's investigation found that he had inadvertently ingested a prohibited substance, which can be commonly found in cough syrups. Shaw impressed in his debut series against the West Indies, scoring a ton on debut in Rajkot and half-century in the second and final Test of the two-match series in hyderabad. He won the Man-of-the-series award.
He was selected for the australia Test tour but could not play due to an injury and returned home. Luckily for Shaw, BCCI backdated his suspension term. The eight-month period of Ineligibility will be deemed to have started to run on 16th March 2019, so that it will end at midnight on 15th November 2019.
Sachin Tendulkar welcomed ICC's decision to stop boundary count in World Cup Reportedly Sachin was the first to recommend it and cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar on Wednesday welcomed the ICC's decision to stop boundary count as a way of deciding knockout games in its global tournaments like the World Cup. Meanwhile the International Cricket Council on Monday changed the Super Over rule for all its major tournaments following the uproar over the outcome
- This 17 year old Cricketer made history by scoring Double century
- World Champion PV Sindhu struggled to buck the trend of Denmark Open in second round
- Sourav Ganguly hopes to bring the BCCI system 'back in order'
- Sourav Ganguly set to become Chief of BCCI
- Sunil Gavaskar questions about Players security after this incident
- Anil Kumble replaces Mike Hesson as Kings XI Punjab coach
- Virat Kohli scores Double Century during Test Series against SA
- Cricketer Manish Pandey to marry Actor Siddharth's Heroine
- MS Dhoni & Leander Paes spotted playing Charity football with some television actors
- Hardik Pandya is fine after his Lower back injury
- Sania Mirza's younger sister Anam be marrying Mohammad Azharuddin's son Asad in December 2019
- Deadly Threat To Indian Cricket Team, Pakistan Alerts BCCI After Sensational Email
- Will Cricketers Wives or Girlfriends distract them during Tours?:Mirza
- Virat Kohli meets his Die-hard Fan with extremely special gesture
- Kapil resigns as CAC chief after alleged conflicts charges