According to sources Hours before the Indian team left for the US to play two T20 internationals against the West Indies, skipper virat kohli had rubbished rumors of any rift in the dressing room. Meanwhile in fact, coach Ravi Shastri went a step ahead and said that no individual was bigger than the team. Furthermore vice-captain Rohit Sharma has now posted a photo on Instagram which says: "I don't just walk out for my Team. I walk out for my country."
When speaking at the pre-departure conference, Shastri had said: "The way the team plays, no individual is bigger than the team. The way they play is in the interest of the game. You cannot have that consistency if there is a rift or whatever." Reportedly Skipper Kohli had in fact called the rumors of a rift baffling. "In my opinion, it's baffling to be honest. It's absolutely ridiculous to read such stuff that comes out. I have been to a few public events and the public sentiment is 'aap log kya khele (you guys played so well)'. We have so much respect.
Kohli insisted "I have seen this for too long now. Bringing personal lives into the picture. It's disrespectful after a moment. We've had no issues. If I don't like somebody, it shows on my face. I have also heard a lot in past few days but if team atmosphere isn't good, we couldn't have played well”.
India beats south Africa in second T20 in Mohali Virat kohli inspired to win the second T20 international match at mohali by comfortable margin of seven wickets and six balls to spare. Indian successfully chased down the total in 19th over.
- Kohli and Chahar registers win at Mohali
- New Jersey for Indian Team for Second T20 International Match
- England wins fifth test to level the series 2-2 Wade ton couldnt save the day for Australia
- Rain played spoil sport in first T20 between India and south Africa: match abandon in Dharamshala
- Sir Paulo Coelho is getting gung ho about Nawaz acting and sacred games
- Social media is abuzz with speculations about MS Dhoni's retirement
- Denly and Stokes sets the stage for series levelling win
- JofraArcher and Sam Curran splendid bowling puts Australia on back foot in 5th Ashes test series
- Crowned badminton champion PV Sindhu meets AP Governor and CM Jagan
- Urn lost: England plays last test to salvage pride
- Hardik Pandya preparing hard with Krunal for T20I series against South Africa
- Rahul Sharma to Open for India in South Africa Tests
- Ravi Shastri focuses on Young Youth for World T20
- Why District court stays arrest warrant against Mohammed Shami?
- Why Dinesh Karthik asked apology to BCCI?