Reportedly Shubman Gill scored a double hundred against West Indies A in the third and final unofficial Test at Brian Lara Stadium, Trinidad on Thursday as the young batsman broke former india cricketer Gautam Gambhir's record in the process. Meanwhile Gill, 19 years 334 days, became the youngest Indian to score a double century in first class cricket. Furthermore the previous record was held by former india opener Gautam Gambhir, who had scored a double ton for india's Board President XI's team against Zimbabweans in 2002, at the age of 20 years and 124 days.
Apparently Gill had a first-ball duck in the first innings of the Test but the Punjab batsman bounced back strong to remain unbeaten for 250-ball 204. Gill's 204 run knock was laced with 19 fours and two sixes. Further after a top order collapse, Gill provided steadied his side with an unbeaten 315 run partnership for the fifth wicket with india A skipper Hanuma Vihari.
Moreover captain Vihari joined Gill in the middle after Nadeem's dismissal and scored 118 runs from 219 deliveries, including 10 fours and one six. Hence the visiting side resumed at the overnight score of 23 for three but an effective partnership between Gill and Vihari helped india india A set a target of 373 for the hosts. Perhaps at Stumps on Day 3, West Indies A were 37 for no loss, needing 336 more runs to win the match. Also former india captain Sourav Ganguly questioned india's senior selection committee, saying only a few players are playing all formats of the game for india and also rued the absence of Shubman Gill for india's tour of West Indies.
India beats south Africa in second T20 in Mohali Virat kohli inspired to win the second T20 international match at mohali by comfortable margin of seven wickets and six balls to spare. Indian successfully chased down the total in 19th over.
- Kohli and Chahar registers win at Mohali
- New Jersey for Indian Team for Second T20 International Match
- England wins fifth test to level the series 2-2 Wade ton couldnt save the day for Australia
- Rain played spoil sport in first T20 between India and south Africa: match abandon in Dharamshala
- Sir Paulo Coelho is getting gung ho about Nawaz acting and sacred games
- Social media is abuzz with speculations about MS Dhoni's retirement
- Denly and Stokes sets the stage for series levelling win
- JofraArcher and Sam Curran splendid bowling puts Australia on back foot in 5th Ashes test series
- Crowned badminton champion PV Sindhu meets AP Governor and CM Jagan
- Urn lost: England plays last test to salvage pride
- Hardik Pandya preparing hard with Krunal for T20I series against South Africa
- Rahul Sharma to Open for India in South Africa Tests
- Ravi Shastri focuses on Young Youth for World T20
- Why District court stays arrest warrant against Mohammed Shami?
- Why Dinesh Karthik asked apology to BCCI?