As per report india Captain virat kohli is just 19 runs away from overtaking pakistan great Javed Miandad as the highest run-scorer against West Indies in ODI cricket. Meanwhile Miandad played his last ODI against the Windies in 1993 and so Kohli will be breaking a 26 year old record if he manages to hit 19 runs in the upcoming second ODI in Port of spain.
Furthermore Miandad took 64 innings to score 1930 runs against the West Indies and if Kohli manages to surpass him in the second ODI, he will have taken just 34 innings to do so. Apparently the Indian captain did not get to bat in the first ODI of the series as West Indies had batted first and only 13 overs could be bowled before rain in Providence ensured that the match was washed out. Furthermore in the T20I series that preceded the ODIs, Kohli was india's highest scorer with 106 runs under his belt. He was the second highest run-scorer in the series overall behind kieron pollard who scored 115 runs. india won the series 3-0.
Moreover Chris Gayle is set to overtake Brian Lara to become the highest run-scorer for West Indies in one-day internationals. Gayle needs 7 runs more to go past Lara. Chris Gayle debuted in 1999 and announced his decision to retire from ODIs after the end of the World Cup. He made his last appearance in the ODI World Cup and then made a U-turn in a press conference during the tournament and insisted that he will play ODIs against india and at least a Test match. Reportedly Brian Lara finished with 10348 runs including 19 hundreds and 62 fifties from 295 ODIs. Gayle will be played his 297th ODI for the Windies and 300th overall, which is also a record for a West Indian in the 50-over format.
Former Cricketer Sourav Ganguly becomes President of BCCI Mumbai sources stated that Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday took over as the BCCI's 39th president, becoming the biggest name to head the world's richest cricket board. Meanwhile the 47 year old Ganguly was officially entrusted with the task of heading Indian cricket for the next nine months at the BCCI's General Body meeting here, ending a tumultuous 33 month reign of the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA).
- India wins Test Series against South Africa
- BCCI asked Twitter to caption a candid picture of Virat Kohli
- Sachin Tendulkar welcomed ICC's decision to stop boundary count in World Cup
- This 17 year old Cricketer made history by scoring Double century
- World Champion PV Sindhu struggled to buck the trend of Denmark Open in second round
- Sourav Ganguly hopes to bring the BCCI system 'back in order'
- Sourav Ganguly set to become Chief of BCCI
- Sunil Gavaskar questions about Players security after this incident
- Anil Kumble replaces Mike Hesson as Kings XI Punjab coach
- Virat Kohli scores Double Century during Test Series against SA
- Cricketer Manish Pandey to marry Actor Siddharth's Heroine
- MS Dhoni & Leander Paes spotted playing Charity football with some television actors
- Hardik Pandya is fine after his Lower back injury
- Sania Mirza's younger sister Anam be marrying Mohammad Azharuddin's son Asad in December 2019
- Deadly Threat To Indian Cricket Team, Pakistan Alerts BCCI After Sensational Email