Reportedly Sreesanth is aiming to make a comeback in the Indian Test team and pick at least 100 wickets before ending his career after his life ban was reduced to 7 years by the BCCI Ombudsman DK Jain on Tuesday. Earlier the Supreme Court had in the year set aside the life ban imposed by BCCI disciplinary committee for his alleged role in the 2013 IPL spot-fixing scandal and asked the Board Ombudsman to reconsider within three months, the quantum of punishment.
Furthermore on Tuesday, Justice DK Jain decided that his ban will end on September 13, 2020 -- seven years as compared to the original life ban. Sreesanth told the media "I am extremely delighted with what I have heard now. Thanks to each one of my well-wishers who prayed for me and the prayers have been answered. I am 36 now and next year I will be 37. I have 87 Test wickets and my aim is I want to finish my career with 100 Test wickets. I am confident that I can return to the Indian Test team and always wanted to play under virat kohli”.
DK Jain considered the fact that Sreesanth co-operated with the inquiry and
observed that BCCI could not contest Sreesanth's plea that the alleged offenses
did not substantially damage the IPL's commercial value. "In the report of
the Commissioner there is no allegation that Mr. Sreesanth did not co-operate
in the Inquiry. Further the BCCI has not been able to controvert the specific
plea of Mr. Sreesanth that the offences allegedly committed by him did not
substantially damage the commercial value of the IPL matches, or even the final
result of the subject match".
Social media is abuzz with speculations about MS Dhoni's retirement Reportedly Kohli on Thursday shared a photo from India's famous win over Australia in the 2016 World T20, in which he can be seen with then captain MS Dhoni. Meanwhile Kohli expressed his joy over the win captioning the picture 'A game I can never forget, special night. This man, made me run like in a fitness test'.
- Urn lost: England plays last test to salvage pride
- Hardik Pandya preparing hard with Krunal for T20I series against South Africa
- Rahul Sharma to Open for India in South Africa Tests
- Ravi Shastri focuses on Young Youth for World T20
- Why District court stays arrest warrant against Mohammed Shami?
- Why Dinesh Karthik asked apology to BCCI?
- Bianca Andereescu beats serena Williams in US Open final
- Rishab Pant beats Dhoni to become fastest India wicketkeeper to 50 dismissals in Tests
- Do you know who Indias most successful Test Captain is?
- Mithali Raj announced retirement from T20I Cricket
- Jasprit Bumrah a bowler taking a hat-trick in the history of Test cricket
- Bumrah rattles West Indies
- Ambati Rayudu made a U-turn on his retirement decision
- Will Indian team prepare for life without MS Dhoni?
- Virat Kohli Indias most successful Test captain ever