Reportedly Sreesanth is aiming to make a comeback in the Indian Test team and pick at least 100 wickets before ending his career after his life ban was reduced to 7 years by the BCCI Ombudsman DK Jain on Tuesday. Earlier the Supreme Court had in the year set aside the life ban imposed by BCCI disciplinary committee for his alleged role in the 2013 IPL spot-fixing scandal and asked the Board Ombudsman to reconsider within three months, the quantum of punishment.
Furthermore on Tuesday, Justice DK Jain decided that his ban will end on September 13, 2020 -- seven years as compared to the original life ban. Sreesanth told the media "I am extremely delighted with what I have heard now. Thanks to each one of my well-wishers who prayed for me and the prayers have been answered. I am 36 now and next year I will be 37. I have 87 Test wickets and my aim is I want to finish my career with 100 Test wickets. I am confident that I can return to the Indian Test team and always wanted to play under virat kohli”.
DK Jain considered the fact that Sreesanth co-operated with the inquiry and
observed that BCCI could not contest Sreesanth's plea that the alleged offenses
did not substantially damage the IPL's commercial value. "In the report of
the Commissioner there is no allegation that Mr. Sreesanth did not co-operate
in the Inquiry. Further the BCCI has not been able to controvert the specific
plea of Mr. Sreesanth that the offences allegedly committed by him did not
substantially damage the commercial value of the IPL matches, or even the final
result of the subject match".
Former Cricketer Sourav Ganguly becomes President of BCCI Mumbai sources stated that Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday took over as the BCCI's 39th president, becoming the biggest name to head the world's richest cricket board. Meanwhile the 47 year old Ganguly was officially entrusted with the task of heading Indian cricket for the next nine months at the BCCI's General Body meeting here, ending a tumultuous 33 month reign of the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA).
- India wins Test Series against South Africa
- BCCI asked Twitter to caption a candid picture of Virat Kohli
- Sachin Tendulkar welcomed ICC's decision to stop boundary count in World Cup
- This 17 year old Cricketer made history by scoring Double century
- World Champion PV Sindhu struggled to buck the trend of Denmark Open in second round
- Sourav Ganguly hopes to bring the BCCI system 'back in order'
- Sourav Ganguly set to become Chief of BCCI
- Sunil Gavaskar questions about Players security after this incident
- Anil Kumble replaces Mike Hesson as Kings XI Punjab coach
- Virat Kohli scores Double Century during Test Series against SA
- Cricketer Manish Pandey to marry Actor Siddharth's Heroine
- MS Dhoni & Leander Paes spotted playing Charity football with some television actors
- Hardik Pandya is fine after his Lower back injury
- Sania Mirza's younger sister Anam be marrying Mohammad Azharuddin's son Asad in December 2019
- Deadly Threat To Indian Cricket Team, Pakistan Alerts BCCI After Sensational Email