According to sources a district court on Monday stayed an arrest warrant against Indian pacer Mohammed Shami in connection with a case of alleged domestic violence filed by his estranged wife Hasin Jahan. Meanwhile District and Sessions Judge Rai Chattopadhyay stayed the warrant issued against Shami by the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (ACJM) on September 2.
Furthermore Shami had challenged the ACJM order in the District and Sessions Court and Shami's counsel Sheikh Salim Rahaman said that it was pleaded before Judge Chattopadhyay that after filing of charge sheet in a case, the magistrate has to issue summons against the accused. Apparently Rahaman claimed that failing to appear before a court on summons may invite a warrant being issued by the magistrate.
Moreover he claimed that the ACJM had instead of issuing the summons, issued a warrant of arrest against Shami. Perhaps the ACJM had issued the arrest warrant against cricketer Shami, saying he should surrender within 15 days of returning to the country and apparently Shami was on the West Indies tour with the Indian cricket team when the warrant was issued.
Sourav Ganguly hopes to bring the BCCI system 'back in order' Reportedly when Sourav Ganguly walked inside the BCCI headquarters to file his nomination, accompanied by septuagenarians, ex BCCI strongmen N Srinivasan and Niranjan Shah, it was a moment that symbolized the change of guard in the game's richest board. Meanwhile it was also a show of strength that BCCI wanted to showcase after being caught up in three years of legal tussles under the Committee
- Sourav Ganguly set to become Chief of BCCI
- Sunil Gavaskar questions about Players security after this incident
- Anil Kumble replaces Mike Hesson as Kings XI Punjab coach
- Virat Kohli scores Double Century during Test Series against SA
- Cricketer Manish Pandey to marry Actor Siddharth's Heroine
- MS Dhoni & Leander Paes spotted playing Charity football with some television actors
- Hardik Pandya is fine after his Lower back injury
- Sania Mirza's younger sister Anam be marrying Mohammad Azharuddin's son Asad in December 2019
- Deadly Threat To Indian Cricket Team, Pakistan Alerts BCCI After Sensational Email
- Will Cricketers Wives or Girlfriends distract them during Tours?:Mirza
- Virat Kohli meets his Die-hard Fan with extremely special gesture
- Kapil resigns as CAC chief after alleged conflicts charges
- Why Kapil Dev resigned from post as Head of CAC?
- Auction for upcoming 13th edition of IPL be held in Kolkata in December
- MS Dhoni the most admired sportsperson in India, is above Virat Kohli