New delhi sources stated that former captain and batting legend sunil Gavaskar believes that time has come for Indian cricket to "look beyond Mahendra Singh Dhoni" and invest in youth going into next year's T20 World Cup in australia. Meanwhile there has been a raging debate on the options available as Rishabh Pant has not been able to grab his opportunities, but he remains Gavaskar's "top-choice" going into the marquee event next year.
When asked if Dhoni should be picked for the bangladesh tour, Gavaskar replied in the negative. Gavaskar told "No, we need to look beyond. Mahendra Singh Dhoni at least doesn't figure in my team. If you are talking about the T20 World Cup, I will certainly think about Rishabh Pant”.
Moreover Dhoni, who is yet to announce his international retirement, took a two month sabbatical from
the sport after the ODI World Cup but the current selection committee has
already indicated that it doesn't want to look behind. Perhaps Pant's inconsistency and poor shot-selection is
hurting the team's interest as head coach Ravi Shastri had recently pointed
out. Batting coach vikram Rathour too reminded the team's youngsters about the
difference between a "fearless and careless" approach.
Former Cricketer Sourav Ganguly becomes President of BCCI Mumbai sources stated that Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday took over as the BCCI's 39th president, becoming the biggest name to head the world's richest cricket board. Meanwhile the 47 year old Ganguly was officially entrusted with the task of heading Indian cricket for the next nine months at the BCCI's General Body meeting here, ending a tumultuous 33 month reign of the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA).
- India wins Test Series against South Africa
- BCCI asked Twitter to caption a candid picture of Virat Kohli
- Sachin Tendulkar welcomed ICC's decision to stop boundary count in World Cup
- This 17 year old Cricketer made history by scoring Double century
- World Champion PV Sindhu struggled to buck the trend of Denmark Open in second round
- Sourav Ganguly hopes to bring the BCCI system 'back in order'
- Sourav Ganguly set to become Chief of BCCI
- Sunil Gavaskar questions about Players security after this incident
- Anil Kumble replaces Mike Hesson as Kings XI Punjab coach
- Virat Kohli scores Double Century during Test Series against SA
- Cricketer Manish Pandey to marry Actor Siddharth's Heroine
- MS Dhoni & Leander Paes spotted playing Charity football with some television actors
- Hardik Pandya is fine after his Lower back injury
- Sania Mirza's younger sister Anam be marrying Mohammad Azharuddin's son Asad in December 2019
- Deadly Threat To Indian Cricket Team, Pakistan Alerts BCCI After Sensational Email