In a private meeting, Google's SVP of hardware, Rick Osterloh, confirmed that the second iteration of the Google Pixel is slated to launch later this year. He also added that the Pixel line of phones by Google would retain the ‘premium' stature the company has been associated with the smartphone.
“There is an annual rhythm in the smartphone industry. So, you can count on us to follow it,” Osterloh said in a meeting with a select group of press. He confirmed what everyone has been expecting but did not elaborate on a specific launch date. You can count on a successor this year, even if you don't hear a date from me now.” he said.
Osterloh did not elaborate whether the company is looking to partner with OEMs so that Google could possibly introduce their own version of affordable handsets for emerging markets like India and China. The claim for the information provided was first reported by 9to5Google. They are relatively legit as their sources are very reliable and have provided accurate information in the past. The information provided does align with Google's strategy on the Pixel brand and the possibility of launching an affordable “Non-Pixel” phone for emerging markets is a high possibility. As of now, Google has not admitted to any of the claims that an affordable phone is in the works, hence we urge our readers to treat this nothing more than a rumour.
The speculation of a “Google Phone” that would be affordable and targeted for emerging markets sounds feasible as a strategy for Google to maximise profits from two of the most important markets for smartphones. Launching a budget smartphone would not only change the game entirely it would also improve Google's portfolio of offering smartphones that have some of the same features and benefits as the Pixel but is also accessible to the common man.
Explore Tata Motors Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo The Motor Show 2018 Explore Tata Motors’ Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo - The Motor Show 2018 Come February, Tata Motors is all geared up for the ‘14th Auto Expo — The Motor Show 2018’ with a fresh new appearance. The company will be demonstrating its capabilities and mobility solutions as the most powerful Indian OEM shaping India’s future of mobility. Visitors of the Auto Expo at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida will explore a world of ‘Smart Mobility, Smart Cities’ at the Tata Motors’ pavilion at Hall
- Amidst Increasing Pollution, Inverters and UPSs are Answer to Power Backup Woes
- Apex Heart Institute becomes the First and the Only Institute in the World, Outside USA, to Use a Vascular Robotic Technology to Perform a Coronary Angioplast
- Tata Motors Delights its Customers in 2018 with Industry First
- Kor Energy Bags Delhi Green Future Leadership Award 2017
- Planet Taps Antrix ISROs PSLV for Third Time to Launch Four Dove Satellites
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- myG Launches South India's Largest Digital Showroom
- Oriano Solar completes 40 MWac solar power plant for First Solar in India
- Videojet Launches New, Faster 3640 CO2 Laser Marking System to Meet Manufacturers' Speed Demands
- Zinnov Zones 2017 Report Infogain in Leadership Zone for Consumer Software & Execution Zone for Enterprise Software !
- Fotoclickers Introduces World-Class On-Demand Photography App for iOS & Android
- Wipro Partners with and Invests in Headspin to Deliver Next-Generation Mobility
- GolfLan Introduce Worlds First Made in India Cloud Based Smart Golf Solutions for Global
- NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year
- ICT Academy and Autodesk Announce India Design Week 2017