In one of the largest network rollouts globally deploys 180,000 mobile sites in the last two years, which is same as total sites deployed in the first 20 years of operations
Deployment to leverage its robust spectrum portfolio and create capacity to lead India’s data growth story
Deployment is part of Project Leap – Airtel’s network transformation program with an investment commitment of Rs 60,000 crore.
Airtel now offers the widest network with 4G and 3G coverage in all 22 circles
Airtel has been rated as the fastest mobile network in India by Ookla – the global leader in mobile speed tests
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s largest telecommunications services provider, today said that it doubled its mobile network deployment over the past two years in line with its objective of building a future ready network to lead India’s data growth story.
In the last two years (FY 16 and FY 17), Airtel has deployed 180,000 mobile sites across India. This is same as the number of mobile sites deployed by the company in the first 20 years of operations, making it one the largest mobile network rollouts globally.
In November 2015, Airtel launched Project Leap, its nationwide network transformation program to build a future ready network. The Company has committed an investment of Rs 60,000 crores over three years under this program.
Airtel has also doubled its overall transmission capacity and increased the mobile backhaul capacity by eight times to roll out high-speed broadband network with 4G and 3G coverage in all 22 telecom circles. This deployment has been supported by addition of 14,500+ KM of fibre to Airtel’s national fibre backbone along with 3666 new fibre POP nodes (highest ever deployed in Airtel network in single year).
Abhay Savargaonkar, Director - Networks, Bharti Airtel said, “Airtel has been at the forefront of India’s telecom growth story and this record deployment underlines our commitment to building a world-class network of the future that will serve a digital India. This deployment will leverage our spectrum capacity and is yet another benchmark by Airtel in execution excellence. We are now in a position to ramp up future capacity on this network very quickly, giving us unmatched reach and agility. I want to thank our network partners for their support in this deployment.”
Airtel has been rated as the fastest mobile network in India by Ookla – the globally recognised leader in mobile speed tests and also a benchmark for reputed global operators. As per travel app RailYatri, Airtel has offers the widest mobile network coverage on the go.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
Jivi Mobile Launches Cheapest 4g Volte Smart Phone in India at Effective Price of INR 699 Only Jivi Mobile Launches Cheapest 4g Volte Smart Phone in India at Effective Price of INR 699 Only Jivi Mobiles, one of the leading feature phone and smartphone brands in India has announced its association with Reliance Jio, one of the fastest growing mobile networks and the largest data network in the world.Jio & Jivi Mobiles have taken a major step in the direction of realizing Prime Minister
- Dyson UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line up in India
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- Loyakk Announces the Worlds First Blockchain Powered Platform for Decentralized Business Networks
- 3rd Edition of Future Generation Optical Transport Networks Summit to Address Latest Trends in Optical Tech Deployment
- TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Updated to Reflect Evolving Use of English Language in the Global Workplace
- Increase in Import Duties on Medical Devices to Increase Healthcare Cost for Patients: MTaI
- Udyog Software Launches e-way Bill Application to Help Companies
- Free Online TOEFL® Course Available from Jan 24
- Vakrangee Announces Excellent Q3 FY2017-18 Results
- IndiaOnline.in Launches their Most Exclusive and Unique Education Network Under the Name of India Education Network
- Explore Tata Motors Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo The Motor Show 2018
- Amidst Increasing Pollution, Inverters and UPSs are Answer to Power Backup Woes
- Apex Heart Institute becomes the First and the Only Institute in the World, Outside USA, to Use a Vascular Robotic Technology to Perform a Coronary Angioplast
- Tata Motors Delights its Customers in 2018 with Industry First
- Kor Energy Bags Delhi Green Future Leadership Award 2017