Infosys recently launched its 10th Sustainability Report highlighting the various responsible business practices undertaken by the company across economic, social and environmental parameters in accordance with the Global Reporting initiative G4 (comprehensive) guidelines. In line with its sustainability policy, Infosys has focused its efforts on enhancing environmental performance by improving energy efficiency, becoming water sustainable, minimizing waste-to-landfills, increasing the use of renewable energy, reducing carbon footprint and contributing to biodiversity.
Some of the key initiatives that were undertaken at its Bengaluru campus are as follows:
Renewable Energy: In order to reduce carbon footprint, Infosys has invested in various energy efficiency measures including lighting, UPS, building management systems, facade retrofit projects. The company has also Installed 15.2 MW solar capacity (rooftop + ground-mount) across India since 2009. Bengaluru contributes 1.5 MW of installed capacity.
Food waste Management: To address waste management in an integrated manner, the company has installed biogas plants with an overall capacity of 9.25 TPD across various campuses. Infosys has set up a fully automated biogas plant at its Bengaluru campus, with a capacity to treat two tonnes of food waste per day. The plant also allows online monitoring and reduces manual operations and errors. Furthermore, the company also has 3.1 TPD installed capacity of composting plants in different campuses including Bengaluru.
Sludge Treatment: In its approach to address sewage sludge from waste water treatment plants, Infosys has collaborated with Leibniz University, Germany, and has engineered a fully automated solar-heat assisted greenhouse dryer at Bengaluru and Mysuru. These facilities now has a cumulative treating capacity of 1.2 million kg of sludge annually. The wet sludge is dried and sanitized in the greenhouse, resulting in an annual fertilizer production of over 300 tonnes.
Precast Buildings: Infosys has undertaken a pioneering project to showcase precast technology in India and is executing a 4.95 lakh sq. ft. facility in Bengaluru using this technology
Explore Tata Motors Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo The Motor Show 2018 Explore Tata Motors’ Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo - The Motor Show 2018 Come February, Tata Motors is all geared up for the ‘14th Auto Expo — The Motor Show 2018’ with a fresh new appearance. The company will be demonstrating its capabilities and mobility solutions as the most powerful Indian OEM shaping India’s future of mobility. Visitors of the Auto Expo at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida will explore a world of ‘Smart Mobility, Smart Cities’ at the Tata Motors’ pavilion at Hall
- Amidst Increasing Pollution, Inverters and UPSs are Answer to Power Backup Woes
- Apex Heart Institute becomes the First and the Only Institute in the World, Outside USA, to Use a Vascular Robotic Technology to Perform a Coronary Angioplast
- Tata Motors Delights its Customers in 2018 with Industry First
- Kor Energy Bags Delhi Green Future Leadership Award 2017
- Planet Taps Antrix ISROs PSLV for Third Time to Launch Four Dove Satellites
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- myG Launches South India's Largest Digital Showroom
- Oriano Solar completes 40 MWac solar power plant for First Solar in India
- Videojet Launches New, Faster 3640 CO2 Laser Marking System to Meet Manufacturers' Speed Demands
- Zinnov Zones 2017 Report Infogain in Leadership Zone for Consumer Software & Execution Zone for Enterprise Software !
- Fotoclickers Introduces World-Class On-Demand Photography App for iOS & Android
- Wipro Partners with and Invests in Headspin to Deliver Next-Generation Mobility
- GolfLan Introduce Worlds First Made in India Cloud Based Smart Golf Solutions for Global
- NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year
- ICT Academy and Autodesk Announce India Design Week 2017