Planet, an integrated aerospace and data analytics company, announced today that four of Planet’s Dove spacecraft will be launched aboard the forthcoming PSLV-C40 flight, scheduled to fly in early January 2018. The announcement was made in the backdrop of the eighth annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) in Hyderabad, India on 28-30 November, 2017. The primary payload for this mission is a Cartosat-2 Series satellite; Planet’s four satellites will ride as secondary payloads in this mission.
This is the third time in less than 24 months that Planet will launch from India on a PSLV rocket. In February 2017, 88 Planet Dove satellites, the largest satellite constellation ever to reach orbit, travelled on the PSLV-C37 as part of ISRO’s record-breaking launch of 104 satellites.
The four Dove satellites on this launch are tech demos responsible for testing improvements to several of the satellite subsystems, including the camera technology, thermal control, and altitude determination & control system. Planet launches tech demo satellites several times a year to ensure they are using the latest and most advanced technology. These advancements are then incorporated into future operational fleets.
“We’ve been very pleased with our working relationship with Antrix Corporation Limited (Antrix), the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). When Planet proposed to send a record-breaking 88 satellites to orbit on a single launch, they accepted the challenge without hesitation, and they delivered,” said Karthik Govindhasamy, CTO and EVP of Engineering at Planet. “We’re excited to be back in India working with their team and look forward to a successful launch.”
“We have a rich history with Planet and we are proud to be a reliable launch partner that they can count on for consistent and timely launches,” said Rakesh S, Chairman and Managing Director, Antrix Corporation Limited. “Planet’s appetite for launch capacity is impressive and we’re excited that the PSLV continues to meet their needs.”
About Planet ..Planet is an integrated aerospace and data analytics company that operates history's largest fleet of Earth-imaging satellites, collecting a massive amount of information about our changing planet. Planet is driven by a mission to image the entire Earth every day, and make global change visible, accessible and actionable. Founded in 2010 by three NASA scientists, Planet designs, builds and operates over 190 satellites, and develops the online software and tools that serves data to users. Decision makers in business, government, and within organizations use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
Jivi Mobile Launches Cheapest 4g Volte Smart Phone in India at Effective Price of INR 699 Only Jivi Mobile Launches Cheapest 4g Volte Smart Phone in India at Effective Price of INR 699 Only Jivi Mobiles, one of the leading feature phone and smartphone brands in India has announced its association with Reliance Jio, one of the fastest growing mobile networks and the largest data network in the world.Jio & Jivi Mobiles have taken a major step in the direction of realizing Prime Minister
- Dyson UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line up in India
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- Loyakk Announces the Worlds First Blockchain Powered Platform for Decentralized Business Networks
- 3rd Edition of Future Generation Optical Transport Networks Summit to Address Latest Trends in Optical Tech Deployment
- TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Updated to Reflect Evolving Use of English Language in the Global Workplace
- Increase in Import Duties on Medical Devices to Increase Healthcare Cost for Patients: MTaI
- Udyog Software Launches e-way Bill Application to Help Companies
- Free Online TOEFL® Course Available from Jan 24
- Vakrangee Announces Excellent Q3 FY2017-18 Results
- IndiaOnline.in Launches their Most Exclusive and Unique Education Network Under the Name of India Education Network
- Explore Tata Motors Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo The Motor Show 2018
- Amidst Increasing Pollution, Inverters and UPSs are Answer to Power Backup Woes
- Apex Heart Institute becomes the First and the Only Institute in the World, Outside USA, to Use a Vascular Robotic Technology to Perform a Coronary Angioplast
- Tata Motors Delights its Customers in 2018 with Industry First
- Kor Energy Bags Delhi Green Future Leadership Award 2017