Gracenote TV Street Maps 2.0 automates the tedious task of manual TV channel monitoring with time-stamped data across all cable operators. With TV Street Maps 2.0, broadcasters can now get the most accurate channel distribution data, drive viewership and ratings and improve operator compliance of distribution agreements that may include carriage fees. In addition, Indian broadcasters can more easily identify new market opportunities as well as unlawful display of their channels through piracy. This level of visibility enables broadcasters to identify new distribution markets to pursue and negotiate new subscription fees from outlying cable operators.
The India TV market is one of the most complex video markets in the world with TV channel line-ups varying from day to day and operator to operator. In fact, India has an estimated 1,000 digital operators delivering linear television to 175 million households around the country. The challenge is that each operator can add, remove or change the position of channels at their discretion and without notice to broadcasters. On average, there are approximately 300 to 350 channel line-up changes occurring every week. These changescan impact tune-in, significantly impair ratings and inaccurately calculate cable operator carriage fees for broadcasters.
“As India continues its digital transformation, we are now tasked with creating the next generation of tools, platforms and services that will help monetize viewership across the digital video ecosystem,” said Geet Lulla, Managing Director of India, APAC and Middle East at Gracenote. “With TV Street Maps 2.0, Gracenote is giving broadcasters the ability to more easily and effectively monitor their channels, analyze channel positions and provide a means to audit digital operators in near real-time.”
TV Street Maps 2.0 monitoring is done using Remote Capture Devices that automatically capture TV channel line-ups with geo-tagged locations directly from set-top boxes. Leveraging the data directly from set-top boxes also enables push alerts to customers when channels are switched off or placement shifts. Gracenote broadcast customers will also enjoy robust reporting capabilities including live data dashboards, channel availability, placement and neighborhood reports that help broadcasters them assess the impact of channel distribution and viewership ratings.
TV Street Maps 2.0 will be available to Indian broadcasters in December 2017.
Gracenote, a Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) company, provides music, video and sports content and technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the standard for music and video recognition and is supported by the largest source of entertainment data, featuring descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions. Gracenote is headquartered in Emeryville, Calif and supports customers around the globe.
For more information, visit www.gracenote.com.
Jivi Mobile Launches Cheapest 4g Volte Smart Phone in India at Effective Price of INR 699 Only Jivi Mobile Launches Cheapest 4g Volte Smart Phone in India at Effective Price of INR 699 Only Jivi Mobiles, one of the leading feature phone and smartphone brands in India has announced its association with Reliance Jio, one of the fastest growing mobile networks and the largest data network in the world.Jio & Jivi Mobiles have taken a major step in the direction of realizing Prime Minister
- Dyson UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line up in India
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- Loyakk Announces the Worlds First Blockchain Powered Platform for Decentralized Business Networks
- 3rd Edition of Future Generation Optical Transport Networks Summit to Address Latest Trends in Optical Tech Deployment
- TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Updated to Reflect Evolving Use of English Language in the Global Workplace
- Increase in Import Duties on Medical Devices to Increase Healthcare Cost for Patients: MTaI
- Udyog Software Launches e-way Bill Application to Help Companies
- Free Online TOEFL® Course Available from Jan 24
- Vakrangee Announces Excellent Q3 FY2017-18 Results
- IndiaOnline.in Launches their Most Exclusive and Unique Education Network Under the Name of India Education Network
- Explore Tata Motors Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo The Motor Show 2018
- Amidst Increasing Pollution, Inverters and UPSs are Answer to Power Backup Woes
- Apex Heart Institute becomes the First and the Only Institute in the World, Outside USA, to Use a Vascular Robotic Technology to Perform a Coronary Angioplast
- Tata Motors Delights its Customers in 2018 with Industry First
- Kor Energy Bags Delhi Green Future Leadership Award 2017