ICT Academy, in association with Autodesk, has announced the India Design Week 2017, a unique initiative for budding designers to learn, explore, innovate and design products for different areas. These areas include built environment, disaster relief, energy, food, health & well-being, mobility, waste, water, clean industry and resource & materials.
It is open for fulltime students enrolled under Mechanical, Aeronautical, Automobile, Mechatronics, robotics and ProductionEngineering courses of any Engineering Institution in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry approved by the Government of India, with the background knowledge of design preferably with user level knowledge of Autodesk Fusion 360. The students will not only work on live product designs but also get an opportunity to attend a series of workshops, mocks, and product showcase.
The design challenge will be conducted on 11th& 12th Dec. 2017 at Sri Sairam Institute of Technology, Chennai. ICT Academy is organizing workshops for students all over Tamil Nadu and more than 1000 students from 30 colleges are expected to participate in the programs and challenge in the finals.
Mr. M. Sivakumar, CEO, ICT Academy says: “This initiative is part of our efforts to enable the students, the future generation of engineers to create product designs that can have a positive impact on the various ecosystems that sustain human life. We are very excited to have Autodesk as our partner for this initiative as they are globally acclaimed pioneers of design who believe in the power of technology. We believe this design event will not only help the students to acquire new skills and insights but also inspire them towards creating a better future.”
Mr. Anand Pillai, Education lead – India & SAARC, Autodesk India said, “We, at Autodesk, are not just looking to the future with new technology; we’re looking to the future with the next generation. We’re preparing students for careers in design, engineering, manufacturing, and the digital arts using the tools the professionals use. With initiatives like the India Design Week, we’re tapping into the passion of young people to change the world for the better, to be more than just successful in their careers, but to do good while doing well.”
Mr. Sai Prakash LeoMuthu, Chief Executive Officer, Sairam Institutions says, “It’s a great pride to be a part of nation building excise and encouraging young designers to deliver their project ideas. It is for students, who have a dream to create a new product design that will aspire to make a difference and contribute towards the global agenda. Racing against the clock, young designers will be exposed to a series of workshops, mocks, product design, and showcase their design of products and solutions."
ICT Academy, headquartered in Chennai, India is an initiative of the Government of India in collaboration with the state Governments and Industries. ICT Academy is a not-for-profit autonomous organization, the first of its kind pioneer venture under the Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model that endeavors developing the next generation talent pool. ICT Academy in partnership with Autodesk has been developing teachers and students on Design thinking in the areas of Manufacturing, Automobile, Construction and architecture.
Tencent Games Arena of Valor Launches New Game Mode Football Fever Tencent Games ‘Arena of Valor’ Launches New Game Mode ‘Football Fever Tencent Games’ ‘Arena of Valor’, one of the most popular and addictive MOBA games (multiplayer online battle arena), has launched an all new game mode - Football Fever. Within a few months of being launched in India, Arena of Valor is all set with a new update for the gamers.
- Noise Introduces Noise Play 2 Action Camera at INR 9,999
- The most Trending Video Making Application, LIKE App Ranked One in the Apple Store in India
- Healthy Benefits of eating Mushrooms
- Cyber Security and Data Privacy are Critical for the Growth of Digital India
- LIKE App Pioneers Augmented Reality (AR) Body Shaping Feature Shaping Magic
- Moglixs Vendor Portal Solution Helps Uno Minda Increase Operational Efficiency
- Indian Enterprises Ill Equipped to Deal the Third Party Risk
- Introducing the HTC Desire 12 and HTC Desire 12
- Indian Mental Health NGO is helping Parents become their Childs Therapist
- edWisor Joins Hands with Top Tech Companies to Provide Strategic Hiring and Skill Development
- LG Inaugurates North Indias Largest Private Eye Hospital Dedicated Wing for Treating EWS Patients
- Why is eating Biscuits and Bhel wrong?
- Cloud computing is driving productivity and profitability of SMBs
- 5Paisa Free Stock Trading App Reaches 1 Million Users, First Among Discount Brokers
- IvyCamp and Sonata Software Form Strategic Partnership to Launch an Open Innovation Program