ICT Academy, in association with Autodesk, has announced the India Design Week 2017, a unique initiative for budding designers to learn, explore, innovate and design products for different areas. These areas include built environment, disaster relief, energy, food, health & well-being, mobility, waste, water, clean industry and resource & materials.
It is open for fulltime students enrolled under Mechanical, Aeronautical, Automobile, Mechatronics, robotics and ProductionEngineering courses of any Engineering Institution in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry approved by the Government of India, with the background knowledge of design preferably with user level knowledge of Autodesk Fusion 360. The students will not only work on live product designs but also get an opportunity to attend a series of workshops, mocks, and product showcase.
The design challenge will be conducted on 11th& 12th Dec. 2017 at Sri Sairam Institute of Technology, Chennai. ICT Academy is organizing workshops for students all over Tamil Nadu and more than 1000 students from 30 colleges are expected to participate in the programs and challenge in the finals.
Mr. M. Sivakumar, CEO, ICT Academy says: “This initiative is part of our efforts to enable the students, the future generation of engineers to create product designs that can have a positive impact on the various ecosystems that sustain human life. We are very excited to have Autodesk as our partner for this initiative as they are globally acclaimed pioneers of design who believe in the power of technology. We believe this design event will not only help the students to acquire new skills and insights but also inspire them towards creating a better future.”
Mr. Anand Pillai, Education lead – India & SAARC, Autodesk India said, “We, at Autodesk, are not just looking to the future with new technology; we’re looking to the future with the next generation. We’re preparing students for careers in design, engineering, manufacturing, and the digital arts using the tools the professionals use. With initiatives like the India Design Week, we’re tapping into the passion of young people to change the world for the better, to be more than just successful in their careers, but to do good while doing well.”
Mr. Sai Prakash LeoMuthu, Chief Executive Officer, Sairam Institutions says, “It’s a great pride to be a part of nation building excise and encouraging young designers to deliver their project ideas. It is for students, who have a dream to create a new product design that will aspire to make a difference and contribute towards the global agenda. Racing against the clock, young designers will be exposed to a series of workshops, mocks, product design, and showcase their design of products and solutions."
ICT Academy, headquartered in Chennai, India is an initiative of the Government of India in collaboration with the state Governments and Industries. ICT Academy is a not-for-profit autonomous organization, the first of its kind pioneer venture under the Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model that endeavors developing the next generation talent pool. ICT Academy in partnership with Autodesk has been developing teachers and students on Design thinking in the areas of Manufacturing, Automobile, Construction and architecture.
IndiaOnline.in Launches their Most Exclusive and Unique Education Network Under the Name of India Education Network IndiaOnline.in Launches their Most Exclusive and Unique Education Network Under the Name of India Education Network On the auspicious day of the Saraswati Puja (Basant Panchami), a day that is devoted to the goddess of learning - IndiaOnline.in Network, India’s largest online network of 480+ websites, has newly launched a network of 500 websites under the main site
- Explore Tata Motors Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo The Motor Show 2018
- Amidst Increasing Pollution, Inverters and UPSs are Answer to Power Backup Woes
- Apex Heart Institute becomes the First and the Only Institute in the World, Outside USA, to Use a Vascular Robotic Technology to Perform a Coronary Angioplast
- Tata Motors Delights its Customers in 2018 with Industry First
- Kor Energy Bags Delhi Green Future Leadership Award 2017
- Planet Taps Antrix ISROs PSLV for Third Time to Launch Four Dove Satellites
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- myG Launches South India's Largest Digital Showroom
- Oriano Solar completes 40 MWac solar power plant for First Solar in India
- Videojet Launches New, Faster 3640 CO2 Laser Marking System to Meet Manufacturers' Speed Demands
- Zinnov Zones 2017 Report Infogain in Leadership Zone for Consumer Software & Execution Zone for Enterprise Software !
- Fotoclickers Introduces World-Class On-Demand Photography App for iOS & Android
- Wipro Partners with and Invests in Headspin to Deliver Next-Generation Mobility
- GolfLan Introduce Worlds First Made in India Cloud Based Smart Golf Solutions for Global
- NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year