Educational Testing Service (ETS), the creator of the TOEIC® Program, announced updates to the format of questions used in the TOEIC ® Listening and Reading test. The changes, which will more closely reflect the evolving use of English in the global workplace, will take effect beginning with the April 2018 public test administrations.
The usage of English globally is a dynamic process and there are some communication approaches and methods that have been used more frequently in recent years.The updates more closely reflect the evolving use of the English language in the global workplace. This includes communication approaches and methods that have been used more frequently in recent years.
By taking the updated version of the TOEIC Listening and Reading test, individuals can demonstrate that they have the relevant English communication skills needed in today’s global workplace. In return, organizations can be confident they are using a test that measures a range of skills relevant and necessary for success in global workplace communications.
Background The TOEIC test was first launched in 1979 to measure English-language proficiency in the global workplace. The test was last revised in 2006. The updated question formats will reflect the changing use of English and the ways in which individuals commonly communicate in everyday social and work situations around the world.
The updated test questions first appeared in TOEIC public test administrations held in Japan and Korea on May 29, 2016.
Impact of the Updates
With these updates, the overall quality and difficulty of the TOEIC Listening and Reading test will remain the same and as such the test will continue to be a fair, valid and reliable assessment of everyday and workplace English. There will be no change to the difficulty level or total testing time. There will be no changes in the administration of the test. The score report will remain unchanged with the exception of one additional Listening Ability Measured: Understanding a speaker’s purpose or implied meaning in a phrase or sentence. The addition of the new Listening Ability Measured does not affect a test taker’s overall score. Scores will continue to be comparable across test administrations.
Noise Introduces Noise Play 2 Action Camera at INR 9,999 Noise Introduces Noise Play 2 Action Camera at INR 9,999 Noise, an unconventional e-commerce brand, synonymous with youth style quotient and the promise of delivering quality gadgets & products, introduced its second action camera, Noise Play 2, which is powerful, waterproof and rugged at a price of INR 9,999.
- LG Inaugurates North Indias Largest Private Eye Hospital Dedicated Wing for Treating EWS Patients
- Why is eating Biscuits and Bhel wrong?
- Cloud computing is driving productivity and profitability of SMBs
- 5Paisa Free Stock Trading App Reaches 1 Million Users, First Among Discount Brokers
- IvyCamp and Sonata Software Form Strategic Partnership to Launch an Open Innovation Program
- Nokia 7 plus will get dual VoLTE support
- StoreHippo Launches Vertical Marketplace Solution to give Brands Alternatives to Selling on Popular Marketplaces
- Advanced Gas Piston Based Assault Rifles to be Made in India by MKU with EDIC Caracal, UAE
- With Woo Phone Indias Leading Dating App Woo is Dialing up the Dating Game
- Tata Sky Launches World Screen a Carefully Curated Bouquet of Ad Free Global Content for just Rs. 75 per Month
- Consumer Digital Behaviour could Decide Premium for their Cars in Future
- HyderabadOnline.in & Smart Urbanation 2018 Announce Tie-up to Promote Smart Cities in India
- India Power Corporation Limited
- Carrera 2018 Advertising Campaign #Driveyourstory with Ranveer Singh
- ATMA Reaches out to Women with Message of Tyre Safety