Educational Testing Service (ETS), the creator of the TOEIC® Program, announced updates to the format of questions used in the TOEIC ® Listening and Reading test. The changes, which will more closely reflect the evolving use of English in the global workplace, will take effect beginning with the April 2018 public test administrations.
The usage of English globally is a dynamic process and there are some communication approaches and methods that have been used more frequently in recent years.The updates more closely reflect the evolving use of the English language in the global workplace. This includes communication approaches and methods that have been used more frequently in recent years.
By taking the updated version of the TOEIC Listening and Reading test, individuals can demonstrate that they have the relevant English communication skills needed in today’s global workplace. In return, organizations can be confident they are using a test that measures a range of skills relevant and necessary for success in global workplace communications.
Background The TOEIC test was first launched in 1979 to measure English-language proficiency in the global workplace. The test was last revised in 2006. The updated question formats will reflect the changing use of English and the ways in which individuals commonly communicate in everyday social and work situations around the world.
The updated test questions first appeared in TOEIC public test administrations held in Japan and Korea on May 29, 2016.
Impact of the Updates
With these updates, the overall quality and difficulty of the TOEIC Listening and Reading test will remain the same and as such the test will continue to be a fair, valid and reliable assessment of everyday and workplace English. There will be no change to the difficulty level or total testing time. There will be no changes in the administration of the test. The score report will remain unchanged with the exception of one additional Listening Ability Measured: Understanding a speaker’s purpose or implied meaning in a phrase or sentence. The addition of the new Listening Ability Measured does not affect a test taker’s overall score. Scores will continue to be comparable across test administrations.
Tencent Games Arena of Valor Launches New Game Mode Football Fever Tencent Games ‘Arena of Valor’ Launches New Game Mode ‘Football Fever Tencent Games’ ‘Arena of Valor’, one of the most popular and addictive MOBA games (multiplayer online battle arena), has launched an all new game mode - Football Fever. Within a few months of being launched in India, Arena of Valor is all set with a new update for the gamers.
- Noise Introduces Noise Play 2 Action Camera at INR 9,999
- The most Trending Video Making Application, LIKE App Ranked One in the Apple Store in India
- Healthy Benefits of eating Mushrooms
- Cyber Security and Data Privacy are Critical for the Growth of Digital India
- LIKE App Pioneers Augmented Reality (AR) Body Shaping Feature Shaping Magic
- Moglixs Vendor Portal Solution Helps Uno Minda Increase Operational Efficiency
- Indian Enterprises Ill Equipped to Deal the Third Party Risk
- Introducing the HTC Desire 12 and HTC Desire 12
- Indian Mental Health NGO is helping Parents become their Childs Therapist
- edWisor Joins Hands with Top Tech Companies to Provide Strategic Hiring and Skill Development
- LG Inaugurates North Indias Largest Private Eye Hospital Dedicated Wing for Treating EWS Patients
- Why is eating Biscuits and Bhel wrong?
- Cloud computing is driving productivity and profitability of SMBs
- 5Paisa Free Stock Trading App Reaches 1 Million Users, First Among Discount Brokers
- IvyCamp and Sonata Software Form Strategic Partnership to Launch an Open Innovation Program