According to sources 5G and foldable phones were the talk of the town at this year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, with nearly every major Smartphone manufacturer announcing fancy, futuristic products. Sony had some interesting Smartphone launches too but a foldable phone was a no-show and there wasn't much talk about a 5G phone at its keynote either. However, the company did have a 5G prototype Xperia phone on display at its booth, as well as Qualcomm's booth.
The device was reportedly shown off at the booths of both companies at MWC 2019, but it was in a casing so attendees couldn't get their hands on it. From the front, the 5G Xperia looks similar to the Xperia 1, with the same ultra-tall 21:9 Cinema Wide display. Given the fact that it was also seen at Qualcomm's booth, it makes logical sense that it's running on the Snapdragon 855 mobile platform, with the X50 5G modem.
Technology website Pocket-lint reports that the phone is currently only known by its internal name ‘AG-1' and isn't a commercial device, as it's only being used for network and experience testing with key customers, as told to them by a Sony representative. The prototype unit was also a 5mm wave product, in addition to supporting the sub-6GHz band. Adam Marsh from Sony's global communications team said "At the moment, from a rollout point of view, 5G just isn't there. In 4G, you can still get more speed in more places than 5G, at the moment”.
Visa, Mastercard waver as FBs Libra faces regulatory heat Facebook officially moved forward with its plans Monday to create a new digital currency called Libra, despite several high-profile defections from the project and intense criticism from US regulators and politicians. The Libra Association, the nonprofit that will govern the currency, officially signed on 21 charter members on Monday at the
- Vodafone updated its Rs 399 postpaid plan with more than 100GB additional data for six months
- NASAs new mission is to study the Sun
- China created vast surveillance apparatus at home with facial recognition technology
- Here is how Indus valley people looked
- New streamline drug discovered by Scientists
- Realme plans to sell 22 Lakhs Devices this Festive Season
- Reliance's JioPhone price slashed to Rs.699 as Diwali offer
- It's finally time to kick off the fifth yes, fifth! annual PC Gaming Week at TechRadar
- Microsoft blocks 36 types of file extension in Outlook Web
- iPad (2019) price in India starts at Rs. 29,900 for its Wi-Fi 32GB
- Google experiences Indexing Issues
- Apple's iPhone 11 series & Watch Series 5 now available for pre-booking
- Leading player in the battle of Mobile payments is Google
- 5G version of chip available in India with upcoming line up of Huawei smart phones
- Samsung bringing its stunning displays to CEDIA this year