According to sources 5G and foldable phones were the talk of the town at this year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, with nearly every major Smartphone manufacturer announcing fancy, futuristic products. Sony had some interesting Smartphone launches too but a foldable phone was a no-show and there wasn't much talk about a 5G phone at its keynote either. However, the company did have a 5G prototype Xperia phone on display at its booth, as well as Qualcomm's booth.
The device was reportedly shown off at the booths of both companies at MWC 2019, but it was in a casing so attendees couldn't get their hands on it. From the front, the 5G Xperia looks similar to the Xperia 1, with the same ultra-tall 21:9 Cinema Wide display. Given the fact that it was also seen at Qualcomm's booth, it makes logical sense that it's running on the Snapdragon 855 mobile platform, with the X50 5G modem.
Technology website Pocket-lint reports that the phone is currently only known by its internal name ‘AG-1' and isn't a commercial device, as it's only being used for network and experience testing with key customers, as told to them by a Sony representative. The prototype unit was also a 5mm wave product, in addition to supporting the sub-6GHz band. Adam Marsh from Sony's global communications team said "At the moment, from a rollout point of view, 5G just isn't there. In 4G, you can still get more speed in more places than 5G, at the moment”.
India bans Tiktok, joins list of countries which had banned Accordingly TikTok a video creating and sharing application, which has been finally banned in India, including Bangladesh and Indonesia. TikTok was there in news for a while for some wrong reasons. Despite having millions of fans across the globe, the app has faced its fair share of criticism, and a seemingly endless number of controversies. Recently there have been quite a few calls for
- Wireless Power Bank & Wireless Charger Duo launched by Samsung
- Huawei Technologies ability to run phone operating system
- Google affiliate Sidewalk Labs big plans for its internet based smart city
- LAFAYETTE -- LAGCOE announces the call for entries for the 2019 New Technology Showcase
- A vision long in the making by Google
- Sony teased its 5G prototype Smartphone at MWC 2019
- Artificial intelligence making education sector a better and smarter place
- Google launches speech recognition software for people with voice impairments
- WordPress.com Vs WordPress.org
- Samsung Postpones Pre-Orders of First Foldable Smart phones!
- 2019 iPhone models may adopt a new antenna technology
- Largest growth made by L&T Technology Services Q4
- Pre-booking begins for OnePlus 7 Pro!
- OPPO F11 Pro Marvel's Avengers Limited Edition makes a record
- WhatsApp bringing Cricket Stickers to its Android app version 2.19.115