As per report the last time Facebook had a disruption of this magnitude was in 2008, when the site had 150m users compared to around 2.3bn monthly users today. Meanwhile Facebook's main product, its two messaging apps and image-sharing site Instagram were all affected and the cause of the interruption has not yet been made public.
Facebook said in a statement "We're aware that some people are currently having trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps and we are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible." Furthermore Facebook's main service appeared to load and users reported not being able to post.
Furthermore those on Instagram were not able to refresh feeds or post new material. Facebook Messenger's desktop version did not load but the mobile app appeared to allow the sending of some messages; however, users reported glitches with other kinds of content, such as images. WhatsApp, Facebook's other messaging app, had similar problems.
WhatsApp likely to roll out preview voice messages feature on to its iOS-based app WhatsApp is working on adding a number of new features to its platform. Dark mode, ignore archived chats, in-app browser and frequently forwarded messages are some of the features that are at works at WhatsApp. And now reports of a new feature that is in works especially for WhatsApp's iPhone users have surfaced on social media.
- SpaceX said its accident investigation as likely cause of the April explosion
- Outwitting image recognition
- Flipkart will hold its next Big Shopping Days from July 15 to July 18
- Instagram announced new features curbing online bullying on its platform
- Tinder & Netflix highest-grossing non-game apps for the period
- World Economic Forum announced its list of 56 companies selected as Technology Pioneers
- A gel at the heart of this solar still produces a record amount of fresh water
- ETAuto Tech Summit 2019 commenced
- L&T Technology Services shares fell nearly 3% intraday on June 25 as parent firm
- How to stay healthy and disease free in winter?
- Why Apple CEO loved these Mumbai Photos?
- Children's privacy violated by YouTube, investigations going on
- WhatsApp chat backups are stored in Google Drives
- Mark Zuckerberg expected to unveil Bitcoin rival Libra next week