Google+ isn't the only product Google is shutting down next month. Inbox by Gmail is also set to shut down on April 2. Google had announced its plans to kill the popular mobile email app last year. The company did not offer a specific date until now. In case you are still using Inbox by Gmail, it's likely that you've come across a notification within the app, informing you that the app will be 'going away' soon and Google+ is also set to shut down on April 2.
Inbox by Gmail will be shutting down the same day as Google+, the company's failed social platform. Along with the in-app notice, Google is offering a shortcut that opens the Gmail app for Inbox by Gmail users. Depending on when the in-app notice was seen, Google listed 15, 14, or 13 days to the shutdown but all these point to the same date - April 2.
Over the past few months, Google has been bringing some of the Inbox by Gmail features to the regular Gmail app. But users are likely to still miss a lot of useful features they fell in love with. Unfortunately, core services of the app will stop working on April 2, so sticking onto the last version in hopes of continuing to use it in the future won't work.
Google affiliate Sidewalk Labs big plans for its internet based smart city Accordingly that would include autonomous cars, innovative ways to collect rubbish and shared spaces for communities to come together in new ways. Sidewalk Labs, a sister company to Google, had acquired disused land in Toronto, Canada for this bold urban experiment, which it hoped would become a model for other cities around the world.
- LAFAYETTE -- LAGCOE announces the call for entries for the 2019 New Technology Showcase
- A vision long in the making by Google
- Sony teased its 5G prototype Smartphone at MWC 2019
- Artificial intelligence making education sector a better and smarter place
- Google launches speech recognition software for people with voice impairments
- WordPress.com Vs WordPress.org
- Samsung Postpones Pre-Orders of First Foldable Smart phones!
- 2019 iPhone models may adopt a new antenna technology
- Largest growth made by L&T Technology Services Q4
- Pre-booking begins for OnePlus 7 Pro!
- OPPO F11 Pro Marvel's Avengers Limited Edition makes a record
- WhatsApp bringing Cricket Stickers to its Android app version 2.19.115
- Samsung Galaxy Fold expected to be priced around Rs 1,40,790 in India
- Western Digital 1TB microSD card be available now
- Huawei Technologies first-quarter revenue jumped 39% to 179.7 billion yuan