Accordingly radar technology has been used for decades in aviation, defense and speed-camera technology. Now, a team at KAUST, in collaboration with scientists at the VTT Technical Research Center of Finland, have created a compact, low-cost radar with potential applications in healthcare and personal security.
Radar provides detailed information about the size, distance and speed of moving objects. However, for close-range applications, the transmitted radio waves must have short wavelengths to pick up as much detail as possible about its immediate environment. Such sensors could help visually impaired people, and unmanned moving devices, to see by translating radar reflections into useful information.
"Current radar modules are large and bulky. They also lose out on key details because they operate using long radio wavelengths," says Seifallah Jardak , who worked on the project under the supervision of Sajid Ahmed and Mohamed-Slim Alouini from KAUST and along with Tero Kiuru and Mikko Metso from VTT. "We wanted to develop a low-power, portable radar. Colleagues at VTT brought the necessary experience in millimeter wave and hardware design, while I focused on the signal processing side and developed modular radar software," explains Jardak
India bans Tiktok, joins list of countries which had banned Accordingly TikTok a video creating and sharing application, which has been finally banned in India, including Bangladesh and Indonesia. TikTok was there in news for a while for some wrong reasons. Despite having millions of fans across the globe, the app has faced its fair share of criticism, and a seemingly endless number of controversies. Recently there have been quite a few calls for
- Wireless Power Bank & Wireless Charger Duo launched by Samsung
- Huawei Technologies ability to run phone operating system
- Google affiliate Sidewalk Labs big plans for its internet based smart city
- LAFAYETTE -- LAGCOE announces the call for entries for the 2019 New Technology Showcase
- A vision long in the making by Google
- Sony teased its 5G prototype Smartphone at MWC 2019
- Artificial intelligence making education sector a better and smarter place
- Google launches speech recognition software for people with voice impairments
- WordPress.com Vs WordPress.org
- Samsung Postpones Pre-Orders of First Foldable Smart phones!
- 2019 iPhone models may adopt a new antenna technology
- Largest growth made by L&T Technology Services Q4
- Pre-booking begins for OnePlus 7 Pro!
- OPPO F11 Pro Marvel's Avengers Limited Edition makes a record
- WhatsApp bringing Cricket Stickers to its Android app version 2.19.115