Accordingly that would include autonomous cars, innovative ways to collect rubbish and shared spaces for communities to come together in new ways. Sidewalk Labs, a sister company to Google, had acquired disused land in Toronto, canada for this bold urban experiment, which it hoped would become a model for other cities around the world.
The fact that it would be collecting a lot of data from sensors placed all around the harbor side development unsettled some. Now many are asking whether a private firm should take charge of urban improvement at all. The idea of the increasingly blurred lines between private firm and public government has a lot of people "very worried", said Dr Anthony Townsend, urban planner and author of a series of books on smart cities.
"Has the land-grab of the digital realm now extended into the financial realm? Is Sidewalks Lab going to monetize transportation and mobility from the government? Is that its real business model?" he asked.
Mark Zuckerberg expected to unveil Bitcoin rival Libra next week Reportedly Social media giant Facebook has signed over a dozen companies, including some of the world's largest corporations like Visa Inc, Mastercard Inc, PayPal Holdings Inc. and Uber Technologies Inc, to back its crypto currency project, Libra, reported Wall Street Journal. Mark Zuckerberg
- Facebook is planning to unveil a new Portal
- Nokia 8.1 has received a price cut in India
- Kerala Teen spotted bug in WhatsApp, featured in Facebook Thanks List for 2019
- Google company announced three new features in Google Maps
- HMD Global plans to launch a new Nokia phone in Italy and India on June 6
- Twitter aims to work on white nationalism & supremacy to tackle its drivers
- Amazon to bring announcement feature to Alexa devices
- India bans Tiktok, joins list of countries which had banned
- Wireless Power Bank & Wireless Charger Duo launched by Samsung
- Huawei Technologies ability to run phone operating system
- Google affiliate Sidewalk Labs big plans for its internet based smart city
- LAFAYETTE -- LAGCOE announces the call for entries for the 2019 New Technology Showcase
- A vision long in the making by Google
- Sony teased its 5G prototype Smartphone at MWC 2019