Facebook unveiled its video calling device the Facebook Portal and the Facebook Portal+ late last year as a means of connecting people via its service. At the time of the launch, the device had created ripples in the tech community, primarily because of the privacy concerns. And now word is that Facebook is planning to unveil the next generation Portal devices later this year.
Speaking on stage at the Code Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona, Facebook's vice president of AR/VR, Andrew "Boz" Bosworth, said that Facebook was planning to unveil Portal devices with a brand new form factor later this year. "We have a lot more that we're going to unveil later in this fall, new form factors that we're going to be shipping," Bosworth said while talking to The Verge editor Casey Newton at the CodeCon.
If Facebook, as Boswoth said, unveils Portal in a brand new form factor later this year, it is possible that it the Facebook Portal 2.0 - would come with support for Alexa and Amazon Prime Video. However, we will have to wait until Facebook makes a formal announcement later this year to know more about it.
WhatsApp chat backups are stored in Google Drives WhatsApp s unarguably one of the most popular social messaging apps in the world. People across age groups and time zones use the Facebook owned social messaging app to chat with their family and friends and share their special moments in the form of text messages, videos, photos and Status updates. But many-a-times it so happens those moments stand a chance of getting lost.
- Mark Zuckerberg expected to unveil Bitcoin rival Libra next week
- Facebook is planning to unveil a new Portal
- Nokia 8.1 has received a price cut in India
- Kerala Teen spotted bug in WhatsApp, featured in Facebook Thanks List for 2019
- Google company announced three new features in Google Maps
- HMD Global plans to launch a new Nokia phone in Italy and India on June 6
- Twitter aims to work on white nationalism & supremacy to tackle its drivers
- Amazon to bring announcement feature to Alexa devices
- India bans Tiktok, joins list of countries which had banned
- Wireless Power Bank & Wireless Charger Duo launched by Samsung
- Huawei Technologies ability to run phone operating system
- Google affiliate Sidewalk Labs big plans for its internet based smart city
- LAFAYETTE -- LAGCOE announces the call for entries for the 2019 New Technology Showcase
- A vision long in the making by Google