Apps are big business for everyone, particularly the two biggest distributors themselves - apple and Google. According to a new report, people spent $39.7 billion on apps in the first half of 2019, up 15.4 percent from the same period last year. This indicates that as smartphones are getting better, users are getting more comfortable with spending money on premium apps to make the most of their devices. mobile users spent $34.4 billion on apps in the same period of 2018, according to the report.
Interestingly, Tinder and Netflixwere the highest grossing non-game apps across both platforms, with revenues of $497million and $399 million respectively. Netflix was previously the highest-grossing app, but has since removed subscriptions from the iOS app, reducing its in-app revenues.
mobile game revenues continue to account for a large chunk of overall app spending, with an estimated revenue of $29.6billion across both stores. Honor Of Kings, Candy Crush Saga, and PUBG mobile were among the highest-grossing games.
Reliance Jio revamps 2GB per day data plans. Check out full details of the new All-in-One plans Reliance Jio on Monday launched new “All-in-One” plans with more data and calling benefits. The company has introduced three new plans with prices starting at Rs 222. Let’s check out full details of the new Reliance Jio data plans. With Rs 222 monthly plan, Reliance Jio subscribers get 2GB data per day and unlimited calling on Jio to Jio network.
- People of varied political beliefs trying to define expansive speech are dangerous: Zuckerberg
- Visa, Mastercard waver as FBs Libra faces regulatory heat
- Vodafone updated its Rs 399 postpaid plan with more than 100GB additional data for six months
- NASAs new mission is to study the Sun
- China created vast surveillance apparatus at home with facial recognition technology
- Here is how Indus valley people looked
- New streamline drug discovered by Scientists
- Realme plans to sell 22 Lakhs Devices this Festive Season
- Reliance's JioPhone price slashed to Rs.699 as Diwali offer
- It's finally time to kick off the fifth yes, fifth! annual PC Gaming Week at TechRadar
- Microsoft blocks 36 types of file extension in Outlook Web
- iPad (2019) price in India starts at Rs. 29,900 for its Wi-Fi 32GB
- Google experiences Indexing Issues
- Apple's iPhone 11 series & Watch Series 5 now available for pre-booking
- Leading player in the battle of Mobile payments is Google