Reliance Jio is reportedly going to officially announce the commercial launch of its broadband service GigaFiber at its Annual General Meeting on August 12. The optical fibre-based Reliance JioGigaFiber was announced last year but has been available to limited users as beta phase. Reliance Jio’s new service is expected to disrupt the broadband space as it did to the mobile data segment.
Reliance Jio doesn’t offer postpaid plans for its GigaFiber services. The company is currently running a ‘JioGigaFiber preview offer’ under which users can get high-speed internet up to 100Mbps for 90 days along with a monthly data of 100GB. In the case, you finish your 100GB data in less than a month, you can top-up up to 40GB data through My Jio application or Jio.com website. Note that Reliance Jio isn’t charging anything for installation but it does take a security deposit of Rs 4,500 for the ONT device. The deposit, however, is refundable.
Reliance Jio’s website is still accepting new registrations for its GigaFiber service. To register, visit GigaFiber.Jio.com/registration. Enter your location (work or home) and then confirm the registration by providing your full name, mobile number, and email ID. You will receive an OTP on your registered phone number for verification.
Leading player in the battle of Mobile payments is Google Reportedly the leading player in the battle for mobile payments in India isn’t either of China’s pioneers, Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. or Tencent Holdings Ltd. It isn’t Apple Inc, Visa Inc or even PayPal Holdings Inc and it’s Google.
- 5G version of chip available in India with upcoming line up of Huawei smart phones
- Samsung bringing its stunning displays to CEDIA this year
- Apple will launch its OTT service from iPhone to iPad, iPod and iMac at Rs 99 a month
- Wipro Data Discovery Platform to offer insights driven applied AI & automation solutions
- What is attractive about Apple 7th Gen iPad and Apple TV
- Chandrayaan-2 mission "absolutely have no impact" on ISRO's ambitious manned mission Gaganyaan
- Oneplus TV set to launch in India : confirmed features, availability and more
- Basic subscription starts for JioFiber
- Stylish & #fullyloaded : Make way for the VIVO Z1X
- CamScanner Makes a comeback after google removed it for having malware
- Number of 5G subscribers in this country exceeded 2 million
- Airtel takes on Jio Fiber with a range of Airtel Xstream devices, apps & services
- Filter-Based kits Developed for TB Diagnosis, Drug-Resistance Testing
- Kerala Teen spotted bug in WhatsApp, featured in the Facebook Thanks List for 2019
- Hathway launched new unlimited broadband plan at Rs 399 per month