Reliance Jio is reportedly going to officially announce the commercial launch of its broadband service GigaFiber at its Annual General Meeting on August 12. The optical fibre-based Reliance JioGigaFiber was announced last year but has been available to limited users as beta phase. Reliance Jio’s new service is expected to disrupt the broadband space as it did to the mobile data segment.
Reliance Jio doesn’t offer postpaid plans for its GigaFiber services. The company is currently running a ‘JioGigaFiber preview offer’ under which users can get high-speed internet up to 100Mbps for 90 days along with a monthly data of 100GB. In the case, you finish your 100GB data in less than a month, you can top-up up to 40GB data through My Jio application or Jio.com website. Note that Reliance Jio isn’t charging anything for installation but it does take a security deposit of Rs 4,500 for the ONT device. The deposit, however, is refundable.
Reliance Jio’s website is still accepting new registrations for its GigaFiber service. To register, visit GigaFiber.Jio.com/registration. Enter your location (work or home) and then confirm the registration by providing your full name, mobile number, and email ID. You will receive an OTP on your registered phone number for verification.
Visa, Mastercard waver as FBs Libra faces regulatory heat Facebook officially moved forward with its plans Monday to create a new digital currency called Libra, despite several high-profile defections from the project and intense criticism from US regulators and politicians. The Libra Association, the nonprofit that will govern the currency, officially signed on 21 charter members on Monday at the
- Vodafone updated its Rs 399 postpaid plan with more than 100GB additional data for six months
- NASAs new mission is to study the Sun
- China created vast surveillance apparatus at home with facial recognition technology
- Here is how Indus valley people looked
- New streamline drug discovered by Scientists
- Realme plans to sell 22 Lakhs Devices this Festive Season
- Reliance's JioPhone price slashed to Rs.699 as Diwali offer
- It's finally time to kick off the fifth yes, fifth! annual PC Gaming Week at TechRadar
- Microsoft blocks 36 types of file extension in Outlook Web
- iPad (2019) price in India starts at Rs. 29,900 for its Wi-Fi 32GB
- Google experiences Indexing Issues
- Apple's iPhone 11 series & Watch Series 5 now available for pre-booking
- Leading player in the battle of Mobile payments is Google
- 5G version of chip available in India with upcoming line up of Huawei smart phones
- Samsung bringing its stunning displays to CEDIA this year