Accordingly banking and finance, government and critical infrastructure were among the most targeted sectors in india by cyber criminals in 2018-19, according to tech major Cisco. Also, about 26 per cent of these overall attacks cost organizations in the country upwards of $5 million each.
"The hackers are persistent, and their campaigns are much targeted. We have found that sectors like banking and finance (20.1 per cent), government (19.6 per cent) and critical infrastructure (15.1 per cent) were among those that continue to face the highest threat of cyber attacks," Cisco india and SAARC Director (Security business) Vishak Raman told PTI. He added that cyber criminals are also increasingly targeting sectors like defense (15.1 per cent), IT, telecom and healthcare.
He said "They are using a host of mechanisms like point of sale attacks to target sectors like retail, hospitality, entertainment and e-commerce. Ransomware are used to attack public sector entities, transportation as well as banking and finance verticals". Raman cited an Asia-Pacific Security Capabilities Benchmark Study conducted by Cisco that found 21 per cent respondents saying cost of breach for them was between $5-9.9 million, while another 5 per cent said it was more than $10 million for them.
Reliance Jio revamps 2GB per day data plans. Check out full details of the new All-in-One plans Reliance Jio on Monday launched new “All-in-One” plans with more data and calling benefits. The company has introduced three new plans with prices starting at Rs 222. Let’s check out full details of the new Reliance Jio data plans. With Rs 222 monthly plan, Reliance Jio subscribers get 2GB data per day and unlimited calling on Jio to Jio network.
- While searching on Google a man lost 1.25 lakh
- People of varied political beliefs trying to define expansive speech are dangerous: Zuckerberg
- Visa, Mastercard waver as FBs Libra faces regulatory heat
- Vodafone updated its Rs 399 postpaid plan with more than 100GB additional data for six months
- NASAs new mission is to study the Sun
- China created vast surveillance apparatus at home with facial recognition technology
- Here is how Indus valley people looked
- New streamline drug discovered by Scientists
- Realme plans to sell 22 Lakhs Devices this Festive Season
- Reliance's JioPhone price slashed to Rs.699 as Diwali offer
- It's finally time to kick off the fifth yes, fifth! annual PC Gaming Week at TechRadar
- Microsoft blocks 36 types of file extension in Outlook Web
- iPad (2019) price in India starts at Rs. 29,900 for its Wi-Fi 32GB
- Google experiences Indexing Issues
- Apple's iPhone 11 series & Watch Series 5 now available for pre-booking