Reportedly apple users are being warned to exercise particular caution over their cyber security for the next few days, after the company mistakenly reopened a security flaw in the latest version of iOS. In iOS 12.4, released last month, apple fixed numerous security bugs as well as enabling support for the apple Card in the US. But in doing so, the company accidentally reversed a security fix it had previously patched in iOS 12.3 at the end of April.
That vulnerability, discovered by Google’s bug-hunting team Project Zero, theoretically allows “a malicious application to execute arbitrary code with system privileges”. In other words, if exploited, a malicious application can gain complete control over an iPhone a dream for hackers and spies the world over. Such a public, un-patched vulnerability is rare in iOS.
Generally, the value of “jailbreaks”, as they are known since they also allow users to install unauthorized apps on their own phones is so high to nation states and others that they fight to keep them secret for as long as possible. The last time the newest version of iOS was open to jail break vulnerability was back in 2015, for a period of just seven days.
Samsung bringing its stunning displays to CEDIA this year Samsung Electronics America, Inc. changes the way we view design by utilizing technology in ways that bring a new dimension to its product portfolio in 2019. This innovative versatility will be showcased at this year’s CEDIA Expo in Denver, Colorado. Design is no longer limited to what the TV looks like, these new models can now blend into the space or even visually transform the space itself. To help custom
- Apple will launch its OTT service from iPhone to iPad, iPod and iMac at Rs 99 a month
- Wipro Data Discovery Platform to offer insights driven applied AI & automation solutions
- What is attractive about Apple 7th Gen iPad and Apple TV
- Chandrayaan-2 mission "absolutely have no impact" on ISRO's ambitious manned mission Gaganyaan
- Oneplus TV set to launch in India : confirmed features, availability and more
- Basic subscription starts for JioFiber
- Stylish & #fullyloaded : Make way for the VIVO Z1X
- CamScanner Makes a comeback after google removed it for having malware
- Number of 5G subscribers in this country exceeded 2 million
- Airtel takes on Jio Fiber with a range of Airtel Xstream devices, apps & services
- Filter-Based kits Developed for TB Diagnosis, Drug-Resistance Testing
- Kerala Teen spotted bug in WhatsApp, featured in the Facebook Thanks List for 2019
- Hathway launched new unlimited broadband plan at Rs 399 per month
- Linking Aadhaar with Social Media is Counterproductive
- Security in latest iOS version of Apple