Chandrayaan-2 mission will "absolutely have no impact" on the Indian Space Research Organization's (ISRO) ambitious manned mission Gaganyaan, scheduled to be launched in 2022, according to an ISRO official. P G Diwakar, who was earlier scientific secretary at the space agency and is now the Director of Earth Observations Applications and Disaster Management Program Office at the ISRO headquarters in Bengaluru, said both Chandrayaan and Gaganyaan have different objectives and dimensions.
He told "There will be absolutely no problem at all. It will have no impact. The satellite missions as well as the human space flight mission [Gaganyaan] will go very smoothly without any problem. Each mission is of a different type”.
Diwakar, however, declined to comment on the reasons behind the glitches faced during the landing of Chandrayaan 2. The lander Vikram lost contact, just 2.1 kilometres above the lunar surface. ISRO plans to send three Indians to space by 2022, an announcement made by Prime Minister Narendra modi during his last Independence Day speech. Besides this, ISRO will also launch Aditya L-1, india's first solar mission, by next year. There are plans to build a space station and launch interplanetary missions to Mars and Venus. Diwakar said Chandrayaan had its own challenges while the other missions will have different objectives.
Reliance Jio revamps 2GB per day data plans. Check out full details of the new All-in-One plans Reliance Jio on Monday launched new “All-in-One” plans with more data and calling benefits. The company has introduced three new plans with prices starting at Rs 222. Let’s check out full details of the new Reliance Jio data plans. With Rs 222 monthly plan, Reliance Jio subscribers get 2GB data per day and unlimited calling on Jio to Jio network.
- While searching on Google a man lost 1.25 lakh
- People of varied political beliefs trying to define expansive speech are dangerous: Zuckerberg
- Visa, Mastercard waver as FBs Libra faces regulatory heat
- Vodafone updated its Rs 399 postpaid plan with more than 100GB additional data for six months
- NASAs new mission is to study the Sun
- China created vast surveillance apparatus at home with facial recognition technology
- Here is how Indus valley people looked
- New streamline drug discovered by Scientists
- Realme plans to sell 22 Lakhs Devices this Festive Season
- Reliance's JioPhone price slashed to Rs.699 as Diwali offer
- It's finally time to kick off the fifth yes, fifth! annual PC Gaming Week at TechRadar
- Microsoft blocks 36 types of file extension in Outlook Web
- iPad (2019) price in India starts at Rs. 29,900 for its Wi-Fi 32GB
- Google experiences Indexing Issues
- Apple's iPhone 11 series & Watch Series 5 now available for pre-booking