It is one of the easiest quickest and most delicious things to do with rice – freshly made or leftover from last night’s dinner. Cooked rice tossed in a tangy tempering of whole and powdered spices, crunchy peanuts, fresh coconut and plenty of lemon juice.
For more recipes related to Lemon Rice checkout Jeera Rice, Handi Biryani, Bisi Bele Huliyana, Brown Rice Vegetable Pilaf . You can also find more Rice recipes like Lotus Leaf Rice, Arroz Blanco, Naikulu, Bohri Khichdi.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 11-15 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Tangy
Ingredients for Lemon Rice Recipe
Rice boiled 1 1/2 cups
Lemon juice 3 tablespoons
Oil 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida a pinch
Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) 1/2 teaspoon
Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal) 1 tablespoon
Curry leaves 10-12
Whole dry red chillies broken 2
Turmeric powder 1/2 tablespoon
Peanuts 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Coconut fresh scraped 2 tablespoons
Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds, hing, methi, urad dal and sauté till the dal turns golden.
Add curry leaves, broken red chillies, turmeric powder and peanuts and continue to sauté. Add rice and salt and mix. Add lemon juice and mix well.
Cook on low heat till the rice gets heated through. Garnish with coconut and serve hot.
Calories : 2010
Carbohydrates : 265.6
Protein : 50.3
Fat : 82.7
Other : 15.4gm
How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab Ever wondered why the phrase “say cheese” is used just before a photograph is clicked? Simply because ‘cheese’ makes one smile! Not only the word but cheese as a food makes a lot of palates happy. It is an inexpensive, versatile and nourishing food.
- Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- Mixed Greens Salad with Orange and Poppy Seed Dres Recipe Card
- TopTen Mutton Curries of India
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Agri Mutton
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab - Cheese mixed with chicken mince and masalas, wrapped around satay sticks and grilled
- 10 tips and tricks to upgrade your cheesecake game
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Thai Noodle Soup
- How to make Red Velvet Plum Cake The Ultimate Christmas Cake