Mexico, wild and barren in the north and sultry and hot in the south, offers a cuisine that reflects the culture of the country – colourful, rich, invigorating and always, always festive! The most common impression about Mexican food is that it is hot and wholesome and has many similarities with Indian food. And like Indian cuisine Mexican is not one single cuisine but many. There is a feast of flavours for the food lover as the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean teem with fish, while the adjoining regions bloom with luscious fruit like pineapple and papayas. The high plateau yields wonderful vegetables and the north is cattle country…..and to bind all these in one single string are chillies…in every shape, colour and size, from the subtle to the strong, producing a signature to Mexican cuisine.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 6-10 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Mild
Ingredients for Taquitos Recipe
Tortillas mini 8
Olive oil 1 tablespo for greasing
Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
Corn kernels boiled 3 tablespoons
Asparagus blanched and chopped 4
Pickled jalapenos chopped 1 teaspoon
Mixed herbs 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Baked beans ¼ cup
Mozzarella cheese grated 2 tablespoons
Processed cheese grated 2 tablespoons
Preheat oven to 180° C.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add corn kernels, asparagus, jalapeno, mixed herbs, salt and baked beans, mix and cook for 1 minute.
Switch off heat, add mozzarella cheese and processed cheese and mix well.
Put some corn kernel mixture on one side of each tortilla, wrap and insert 2 toothpicks to secure.
Grease a baking tray with some olive oil, place the tortilla wraps and brush some olive oil on top. Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes.
TopTen Mutton Curries of India TopTen Mutton Curries of India Chops are easily one of the best cuts of mutton and when it is cooked in this spicy Punjabi style kadai masala it just gets better. Mutton chops slow cooked with onions, tomatoes and select spices till the meat slides off the bone. Simple tandoori rotis taste great with this.
- How to make Tariwali Egg Curry
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab
- Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- Mixed Greens Salad with Orange and Poppy Seed Dres Recipe Card
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Agri Mutton
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab - Cheese mixed with chicken mince and masalas, wrapped around satay sticks and grilled
- 10 tips and tricks to upgrade your cheesecake game
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Thai Noodle Soup