History of Indian cuisine dates back to nearly 5,000-years ago when various groups and cultures interacted with India that led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines.Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines. The diversity in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of locally available spices, herbs, vegetables and fruits. Indian food is also influenced by religious and cultural choices and traditions. Foreign invasions, trade relations and colonialism had introduced certain foods to the country like potato, chillies and breadfruit.
Prep Time : 41-50 minutes
Cook time : 16-20 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Dal Tadka Recipe
Split pigeon pea (toor dal/arhar dal) soaked, drained and boiled with enough water and t1/2 cup
Split Bengal gram (chana dal) soaked, drained and boiled with enough water andtu 1/2 cup
Ghee 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida a pinch
Garlic cloves chopped 1 inch
Ginger chopped 1 inch piece
Onions chopped 2 medium
Salt to taste
Tomatoes chopped 2 medium
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin powder 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
Juice of 1 lemon
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 tablespoon
Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds. Once they change colour, add asafetida and mix.
Add garlic and ginger and sauté on medium heat for a minute. Add onions and a pinch of salt and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
Add tomatoes and sauté till they turn pulpy.
Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder andgaram masala powder and mix well. Cook for a minute and add the cooked grams and salt. Mix well.
Add water if required and bring to a boil.
Add lemon juice and remove from heat.
Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with corianderleaves and serve hot.
Calories : 1107
Carbohydrates : 140.7
Protein : 48
Fat : 39.2
Other : Fiber- 33.5gm
Palak Paneer Recipe Card Palak Paneer Recipe Card Palak Paneer is a quintessential North Indian vegetarian dish made with cottage cheese and fresh spinach. Just the sight of white cubes of paneer peeping through the emerald green spinach puree will make your mouth water.
- Chicken Lollipop Recipe Card
- Hydrebadi Food
- Vrat Ka Khana
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- 6 tasty winter salads you can make at home
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- TopTen Mutton Curries of India
- How to make Tariwali Egg Curry
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab
- Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe Card