The Maharashtrian hospitality is legendary. The cuisine has subtle variety and strong flavours and varies from region to region. In ancient times in the more affluent homes, feasts often started at mid-day and ended when the sun set! The presentation of food was alluring with a practice to sing sacred verses to dedicate the meal to God.Maharashtrian cuisine covers a wide range from being extremely mild to very spicy dishes. Wheat, rice, jowar, vegetables, lentils and fruit form important components of Maharashtrian diet. Everybody knows about the unbeatable taste of the Mumbai’s chaats! But there is so much more to explore and savour in the other regions of Maharashtra.
Prep Time : 26-30 minutes
Cook time : 51-60 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Moderate
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Agri Mutton Recipe
Mutton On The Bone cut into 1½” pieces 700 grams
Onion roughly chopped 5 medium
Oil 4 tablespoons
Dried coconut powder 1/2 cup
Green chillies 3
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tablespoons
Bay leaves 2
Curry leaves 4-5
Garlic cloves finely chopped 2-3
Red chilli powder 1 tablespoon
Cumin powder 1 tablespoon
Coriander powder 2 tablespoons
Garam masala powder 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Marinate mutton with ginger garlic paste for thirty minutes.
Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add onions and sauté till golden brown.
Add coconut powder and sauté till the powder and onions turn brown. Drain the onions and coconut mixture. Allow this mixture to cool. Grind this with green chillies to a fine paste adding sufficient water.
Add this masala to the same pan and sauté for seven to eight minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for two to three minutes.
Add bay leaves, curry leaves, mutton. Mix well and cook for ten to fifteen minutes.
Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix well.
Add garlic and cook till mutton is half cooked. Transfer into a pressure cooker. Add salt, two cups of water. Cover with lid and cook for two whistles.
How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times! One meat that is a favourite of all beyond belief! When cooked, it can be presented in many guises. Sauté it, fry it, toss it, bake it, steam it – eat it the way you want to. Whatever its form may be upon being cooked, its flavour may change but its flesh remains high in protein, low in fat and can be digested easily.
- How to make Grilled Chicken Pear Salad
- Palak Paneer Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- How to make French Toast Pudding
- How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken cooked with masoor dal and sabutmasoor the Moroccon way.
- How to make Andhra Style Mutton Curry The Andhraites love to cook mutton in a medley of masalas result is absolutely divine.
- No Recipes Found For 8 simple ways to cure a hangover New Year special
- Delicious Dal Recipes
- Recipe for Little Ones
- Top 5 chaat recipes
- How to make Caesars Salad World famous salad with tangy dressing.
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Grilled Chicken Pear Salad - The various lettuces give this a wonderful crunch while the grilled chicken
- How to make Chicken in Creamy Barbeque Sauce
- How to make Cauliflower Garlic Sticks