What’s a biryani without some succulent pieces of mutton wrapped in a perfect blend of aromatic spices and herbs!? Yes, though other meats being more common, biryani eaters all over the world can easily swear by mutton. And not just biryanis, curries, bakes and all other preparations with this wonderful meat are always special. Did you know, unlike other dishes, a day-old mutton prep will always be all the more tastier on the palate! Try it the next time you plan on to take on this meat.
Prep Time : 11-15 minutes
Cook time : 26-30 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Andhra Style Mutton Curry Recipe
Mutton on bone, cut into pieces 500 grams
Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Cinnamon 1 inch
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Fennel seeds (saunf) 1 teaspoon
Green cardamom 3-4
Coriander seeds 1 teaspoon
Poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto) 2 tablespoons
Oil 2 tablespoons
Curry leaves 5-6
Onions finely chopped 3 medium
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
Tomatoes finely chopped 2 medium
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Crushed black peppercorns 1 teaspoon
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 tablespoon
Take mutton in a bowl. Add salt and turmeric powder, mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
Pressure cook mutton with 1 cup water till one whistle. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Dry roast cinnamon, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, peppercorns, cardamoms, coriander seeds and poppy seeds for 1-2 minutes
Heat oil in a non-stick kadai. Add curry leaves and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add tomato, mix and cook till tomatoes turn pulpy.
Grind the roasted spices to a fine powder.
Add ginger-garlic paste to the onion-tomato mixture and sauté. Add the ground powder, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add red chilli powder and mix.
Add the pressure cooked mutton and mix well. Cover and cook till the mutton is completely cooked.
Add crushed peppercorns, chopped coriander and mix well.
How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times! One meat that is a favourite of all beyond belief! When cooked, it can be presented in many guises. Sauté it, fry it, toss it, bake it, steam it – eat it the way you want to. Whatever its form may be upon being cooked, its flavour may change but its flesh remains high in protein, low in fat and can be digested easily.
- How to make Grilled Chicken Pear Salad
- Palak Paneer Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- How to make French Toast Pudding
- How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken cooked with masoor dal and sabutmasoor the Moroccon way.
- How to make Andhra Style Mutton Curry The Andhraites love to cook mutton in a medley of masalas result is absolutely divine.
- No Recipes Found For 8 simple ways to cure a hangover New Year special
- Delicious Dal Recipes
- Recipe for Little Ones
- Top 5 chaat recipes
- How to make Caesars Salad World famous salad with tangy dressing.
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Grilled Chicken Pear Salad - The various lettuces give this a wonderful crunch while the grilled chicken
- How to make Chicken in Creamy Barbeque Sauce
- How to make Cauliflower Garlic Sticks