What’s a biryani without some succulent pieces of mutton wrapped in a perfect blend of aromatic spices and herbs!? Yes, though other meats being more common, biryani eaters all over the world can easily swear by mutton. And not just biryanis, curries, bakes and all other preparations with this wonderful meat are always special. Did you know, unlike other dishes, a day-old mutton prep will always be all the more tastier on the palate! Try it the next time you plan on to take on this meat.
Prep Time : 31-40 minutes
Cook time : 21-25 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Mutton Ghee Roast Recipe
Boneless mutton cut into pieces and cooked 250 grams
Ghee 3 tablespoons
Dried red chillies 4-5
Coriander seeds 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Black peppercorns 8-10
Garlic cloves 6-8
Tamarind pulp 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
Yogurt whisked 3 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Jaggery (gur) chopped 1 tablespoon
Line a serving bowl with a banana leaf.
Dry-roast dried red chillies in a non-stick pan till fragrant. Transfer into a grinder.
Heat 1 tablespoon ghee into the same non-stick pan. Add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, cloves and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
Grind together the roasted dried red chillies along with roasted spices, tamarind pulp and 2-3 tablespoons water to make a smooth mixture.
Heat remaining ghee in another non-stick pan. Add ground paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add turmeric powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add yogurt, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add cooked mutton, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add salt and jaggery, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Delicious Dal Recipes Delicious Dal Recipes Rich in proteins and super delicious – an Indian meal is incomplete without dals. Here are 3 simple recipes which make you look at these lentils in a whole new light and they get made really quickly too!
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken
- How to make Grilled Chicken Pear Salad
- Palak Paneer Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- How to make French Toast Pudding
- How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken cooked with masoor dal and sabutmasoor the Moroccon way.
- How to make Andhra Style Mutton Curry The Andhraites love to cook mutton in a medley of masalas result is absolutely divine.
- No Recipes Found For 8 simple ways to cure a hangover New Year special
- Recipe for Little Ones
- Top 5 chaat recipes
- How to make Caesars Salad World famous salad with tangy dressing.
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- How to make Grilled Chicken Pear Salad - The various lettuces give this a wonderful crunch while the grilled chicken
- How to make Chicken in Creamy Barbeque Sauce