Kolkata sources stated that a US based woman entrepreneur and investment banker said “Lack of access to capital, gender bias at work place and a weak infrastructure in capacity building for women to derive necessary skill sets are the "key challenges" in the way of women entrepreneurship in India”.
In India despite all the pro women government schemes, the awareness of how to get access to capital is very limited. The women may manage to get the debt but the access to private equity in the form of venture funding or mid to late stage funding is minimal," Accelerator Group LLC Managing Director Seema Chaturvedi said in a media round table organized by the US Consulate General Kolkata at the American Center here. She also stated that the women are victims of gender bias at workplace across the world and are stereotyped primarily as care givers in the household.
Claiming that the capacity building for women skills is strongly missing in this country, she said a lot women entrepreneurs in India do not have an ability to access certain opportunities as they lack certain soft skills like pitching their ideas to the investors. She added "A lot of women either do not have access or are not aware of the opportunities. Some of them do not know how to pitch. So the bottleneck is more societal".
Some tips for Women Entrepreneurs to become successful Most women entrepreneurs come armed with great selling skills and excellent client service mindset and they are born leaders and can bond well with their team. By optimally utilizing your strengths, you can nurture leads, gather new clients while keeping a loyal team to support your client base.
- A successful woman entrepreneur Falguni Nayar
- Suchi Mukherjee founder of Limeroad a successful woman
- Vandhana Luthra Founder of VLCC Healthcare Limited
- Upasana Taku a successful entrepreneur of Mobikwik
- Richa Kar, successful women and Founder of Zivame
- Why 65 Million Women missed India's electorate?
- Gagandeep Kang, an Indian woman scientist been elected to the society
- Safety tips for Women walking at night
- These Bollywood Women have invaded Hollywood Industry
- As a woman do you feel safe in India?
- Indian men on average were 1cm shorter, while Indian women remained roughly the same height
- What do South Indian Guys think about North Indian Girls?
- Best dresses for women to wear at work place
- Why female workforce participation should be more?
- Differences between North Indian Girls and South Indian Girls