In the metro cities of India, men prefer women for their kindness factor rather than their attractive looks quotient, according to a survey. Banihal, a neuroscience based recommendation engine for finding life partners, conducted a survey involving 10,000 users of the matchmaking site through Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru.
According to the findings, 27% men believe kindness is the most desirable trait in a woman, while education is ranked as the most significant attribute by only 6% of women. Only 8% of men go for beauty. Men from Bengaluru prefer more independent girls as compared to those in Mumbai and Delhi with the ratio being 17:14:8% respectively. When it comes to role models, fathers are the most admired for women in all three cities, while 12% men in Bengaluru consider their sisters as their role models as compared to only 7% in Delhi and Mumbai.
The study also throws light on the fact that 41% women in Bengaluru consider a friend as their role model as opposed to 34% women in Mumbai and Delhi. Ishdeep Sawhney, Co-founder and CEO at Banihal said "This study clearly shows the changing mindset and preferences among modern Indians and how they are approaching matchmaking and matrimony with much more clarity of their preferences. At Banihal, we pride ourselves on being able to use such data and insights to simplify the matchmaking process and find the perfect match for a person".
Pranshu Bandari a highly successful woman entrepreneur The startup launched its English language learning application in October 2014. In eight months the English app has seen 3 million installs on Android from India. They have recently raised $6 million from Tiger Global and Kae Capital.
- Vani Kola a successful woman of Company Kalaari Capital
- Some tips for Women Entrepreneurs to become successful
- A successful woman entrepreneur Falguni Nayar
- Suchi Mukherjee founder of Limeroad a successful woman
- Vandhana Luthra Founder of VLCC Healthcare Limited
- Upasana Taku a successful entrepreneur of Mobikwik
- Richa Kar, successful women and Founder of Zivame
- Why 65 Million Women missed India's electorate?
- Gagandeep Kang, an Indian woman scientist been elected to the society
- Safety tips for Women walking at night
- These Bollywood Women have invaded Hollywood Industry
- As a woman do you feel safe in India?
- Indian men on average were 1cm shorter, while Indian women remained roughly the same height
- What do South Indian Guys think about North Indian Girls?
- Best dresses for women to wear at work place