According to sources only 9% of women feel that India's public transport is "very safe", said a report by ride-hailing major Ola's policy and social innovation think tank Ola Mobility Institute on Thursday. City based Ola's arm in a report said "While 3% of women and men felt that public transport was extremely unsafe, 9% of women and 11% of men felt that it was very safe".
Meanwhile titled "What Do Women and Girls Want from Urban Mobility Systems?", the report was based on the think tank's survey of 9,935 women across 11 Indian cities including New Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Indore, Kochi, Jammu, Bhubaneswar and Mysuru.
The report noted "While gruesome incidents of violence against women have received attention in mainstream media, this data might point towards the daily harassment that women and girls face such as staring, groping, catcalls and whistling which needs to be measured". Moreover of the women surveyed, 77% said the last mile connectivity in Indian cities needs to be improved. Reportedly "Studies have shown how crowded, dark, high, uneven and unshaded footpaths affect women disproportionately as they may feel unsafe, be prone to harassment and are often accompanied by dependants (either children or the elderly)".
Some tips for Women Entrepreneurs to become successful Most women entrepreneurs come armed with great selling skills and excellent client service mindset and they are born leaders and can bond well with their team. By optimally utilizing your strengths, you can nurture leads, gather new clients while keeping a loyal team to support your client base.
- A successful woman entrepreneur Falguni Nayar
- Suchi Mukherjee founder of Limeroad a successful woman
- Vandhana Luthra Founder of VLCC Healthcare Limited
- Upasana Taku a successful entrepreneur of Mobikwik
- Richa Kar, successful women and Founder of Zivame
- Why 65 Million Women missed India's electorate?
- Gagandeep Kang, an Indian woman scientist been elected to the society
- Safety tips for Women walking at night
- These Bollywood Women have invaded Hollywood Industry
- As a woman do you feel safe in India?
- Indian men on average were 1cm shorter, while Indian women remained roughly the same height
- What do South Indian Guys think about North Indian Girls?
- Best dresses for women to wear at work place
- Why female workforce participation should be more?
- Differences between North Indian Girls and South Indian Girls