Accordingly the sight of women in resort-wear in business conferences, home-wear in meetings and shirts with drooping shoulders have led designer Varija Bajaj to venture into a label focusing on Indian culture, body shapes and skin tone which is targeted at working women professionals. Bajaj told "It's not who the women are. It's the choice they are imposed with in the name of comfort, availability and lack of awareness”.
Meanwhile with research, she deduced that the supply chain from the yarn to the ideal textiles to the end customer is completely oblivious of what should be ideal work wear for Indian women. Bajaj explained "The Indian body structure is very different from our western counterparts. With extensive research on Indian body types, we have realized that an average Indian body of a woman is 5 ft 2 inch with narrow shoulders and is pear shaped vis-a-vis 5 ft 6 inch, broader shoulders and rectangle or an apple shaped Western women”.
With her brand Office&You, launched on
International Women's Day, the designer has applied figure correction
techniques through which they camouflage most defects and give an illusion of a
relatively perfect figure
Sonali Bendre had fun with Hrithik Roshan Family last weekend Reportedly Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre has emerged one of the strongest women in the industry and continues to inspire us with her posts. Meanwhile it was in July 2018 that the actress took to Instagram to share that she has been diagnosed with high-grade cancer that had metastized.
- Lilly Singh becomes First Indian Women to host late night show
- One-fifth of Indian women in the age group of 15-49 are overweight
- Indian Women work-wear redefined
- Why only 9% Indian Women feel Indian Public transport is safe?
- Indias Most Dynamic & Energetic Women in Politics
- Has actress Priyanka Chopra confirmed her pregnancy?
- Pakistan Women sending message to Indian Women saying 'Say No to War'
- What type of Men do Indian Women prefer?